Youth Pride, Inc is the only statewide non-profit organization that focuses on services and opportunities necessary for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning youth and young adults to live full, healthy lives and to eliminate society's bias and bigotry directed towards LGBTQ+ individuals.
What does that look like in practice?
- We distribute around 150 lbs. of groceries and toiletries from our Basic Needs Pantry per week. We run our pantry through the generosity of individuals running drives in their workplace, and through contributions from local businesses and foundations
- Youth Pride is providing new and gently loved gender-affirming clothes, shoes, undergarments, and weather-appropriate outerwear for school, work, and other important occasions. Any young person coming through our doors has access to our clothes closet.
- Youth Pride Inc. provides case management and one-to-one counseling services free of charge. No need for referral, insurance, or anything. If you are under the age of 23, you can get help connecting to support services or an ear to hear what’s on your mind.
- Every week, we provide over 15 hours of both in-person and virtual programming for LGBTQ+ youth under 23. The Covid-19 crisis has shown us that the need to stay connected to our youth through both these mediums is vital, and we will continue to provide virtual programming even as we expand our operating hours.
As part of our campaign, we are raising funds for a new initiative in 2022.
We are set to pilot a new program in 2022. YPI’s Peer Navigator Program pairs LGBTQ+ and other marginalized young adults 18-25 years of age with queer and trans folks who have experienced housing insecurity and previously have had to access public services. Through these pairings, housing insecure youth receive:
- Funds to help stay in the home
- Security Deposit and help with the first month's rent
- Life Skills, advocacy help, and other Coaching
Our 2022 individual donations goal is $100k, and we will be updating this page periodically as we reach our benchmarks.
Thank you for your support! While we are pursuing grants to cover as much as possible, the fact remains that we can't do this without the help of our community. Every little bit helps!
Please share with your networks regardless of your own ability to donate. Every share helps get us closer to our goal!
Executive Director, Youth Pride Inc.