We are working to help make college dreams a reality for students! This year for spring break, we are sending 13 students on a college trip to Boston!
In order to attend, 5 of the 13 students need financial aid to come on the trip. They have gotten after school jobs and are fundrasing to pay part, and we are matching their contribution so they can see the schools of their dreams!
The gofundme is for those students who need Financial Assistance to come. We need to raise $2500 to make sure those students can come.
The purpose of this trip:
1. To introduce students to ivy league colleges and eliminate the stigma and fear behind these schools
2. To inform students of various financial aid options to utilize in addition to the Murphy Promise to make top schools accessible
3. To expose students to a variety of types of schools: public, private, open campus, closed campus, large, small, city, suburban, etc
4. To introduce students to a variety of resources for their curricular activities, such as the Boston Freedom trail and one of the top research libraries in the world
5. To establish students’ experience with being away from home for a week
6. To present an opportunity for students to explore northern culture in the U.S.
The students that we are taking are made up of Juniors and Seniors. All seniors are applying to at least 2 of the schools we are visiting, all juniors are planning to apply in the fall. It is very hard to access a variety of colleges from our small town, so this is a chance for them to see and explore up to 12 very different schools to determine what they want. Several of the students attending are being actively recruited by these schools, and would get scholarships to attend, but canot afford to visit. It is impossible to ask a student to attend a college they have never seen! Our goal is to make their dreams a reality.
Please help us send these incredible, hard working, fierce, and brave students experience the college of their dreams. Every little bit counts! Our students are working and fundraising themselves to cover costs on their end, we want to help by matching it! This will allow us to send all 13 students who were accepted to this trip to Boston will all expenses covered. Your donation would mean the world to them, and to us!
DonationsSee top donations
- Kasey Hollensworth
- Clair Antoon
- Alyssa Folk
- Hannah Whisler
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more