Without a main sponsor, Paws needs immediate support to see them through the summer months. Paws is making great connections but new sponsorships will take time to set up, more time than they have right now.
It is literally a life and death situation for the animals. With Ramadan and then the hot and long summer almost upon us, they really need your immediate help.
Their aim is to raise QAR460,000 (GBP90, 000 or USD 125,000) which will secure the existence of Paws Rescue Qatar until end October 2018. This gives them time to get all new sponsorships in place to make Paws sustainable for the future. It also leaves money to pay their debts and to continue their rescue work.
Paws urgently needs sponsor/s for their basic monthly expenses:
Food for animals
Electricity via Generator
Salaries to pay their Animal Care Workers
Cleaning products to keep shelter hygienic and clean
TOTAL Monthly Cost: QAR45,000
(GBP9,000 or USD12,000) per month
Total needed for fixed running costs from April until end October 2018: QAR315,000 (GBP63, 000 or USD87,000)
* Total to pay the outstanding Paws Rescue Veterinary and food bills => QAR 70 000 (GBP14,000, USD19,000) in total
* On top any spare cash will be used to continue their rescue work, (currently they are turning away every new animal in need), and to send animals overseas for re-homing - there are just not enough homes wanting lifetime pets in transient Qatar.
Every rescued animal needs:
- Vet consultation
- De-worming & Anti-parasite medication
- a place to stay
There are so many ways you can help:
* First and foremost we need cash to pay for food, Fuel,
water, staff costs. (Cash can be paid to Paws or to the
supplier directly, please contact us for information)
* Pay money directly off outstanding bills at First
Vet, Royal Vet or Al Timimi
* set up a sponsorship with Paws to pay one of their ongoing costs every month (such as water, wages or pet food)
* donate something they need... right now we desperately need a 120kVa generator and an old truck. We always need towels, bowls, cleaning supplies, cat litter.
Any cash donation made into Paws Rescue Qatar through Gofundme will be withdrawn by Katherine Lennon (Kate). Kate is a crazy cat lady, and has been working with Paws for the last 3 years, has helped to set up Paws Rescue UK for rehoming cats and dogs from Qatar, and is integral to the operation. The money will be drawn down, and paid to whoever is shouting loudest! Every penny is and will continue to be carefully and gratefully accounted for.
Thank you so much to all that have helped already... to donators, volunteers, fosters and adopters, Paws couldn't do this without you xxx
DonationsSee top donations
- Aimi Woo
- Oliver Tomlinson
- jazeah ali
- Jasmine Yang
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more