My name is Brett Blair. I own Sermons.com (Dynamic Preaching) which has provided resources for clergy around the world for 25 years. I was born in Memphis, Tennessee and now live in Sarasota, Florida with my wife and 3 children. Here I create resources to help churches tell the story of our Lord and Savior and now I want to give you a chance to participate in the development of a new resource. A social media platform for pastors and churches: Pastor.com
The secular media is now routinely shutting down speech and the big tech firms who own all the viable social media platforms do the same, or at least they throttle the ability of you the pastor to reach your congregation. It is our desire to give churches and their leaders the ability to speak to all their members instantly and to have those messages delivered to all the intended targets. If a pastor has 5000 members and needs to reach all those members with an update or message then every one of them should get that communication. Currently a fraction of the intended recipients would ever see a post on big platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
We have begun building Pastor.com and hope to launch this summer. I want to give a select group of pastors and/or church leaders the chance to participate in this project. Any amount is appreciated: $10, $20, or $30. But, for pastors who participate, giving $100 or more, they will be given the following:
1. A two year membership to Sermons.com, a $180 value, provided you are not currently a member and have never been a member.
2. Login access to Pastor.com as we build it so you can see how projects like this progress.
3. The ability to suggest directions for development. We will always respond to these.
4. First choice on "your_name @ pastor.com" (spaces added) forwarding email address. Currently none exist so first names are available.
5. Five years of free access to all levels of Pastor.com. The platform will be free to use like all other social media apps but if we create paid levels you will have free and full access.
6. A permanent mention as a founding member of the site. Published publicly on the Honorary Members page. This page will be a limited list recording your participation and no one else.
7. Laypersons can gift the 2 year Sermons.com membership to their pastor ― after the $100 or more contribution ― and they will become a founding member with all the benefits above.
Your support means a lot to me. I know how hard pastors work. Having been a United Methodist pastor for 30 years, I also know how little they get paid. After seminary, and with $42,000 of student loan debt, I was placed in a three-point charge making $17,000 a year. So, I don't take your financial contribution for granted. It means the world to me and I want to give you as much as I can for your help.
Now, let's build an app that will work for you. That will work for the church. That will give us peace of mind knowing dependable social media correspondence with all our members is happening at the push of a button.
Please contribute today.
Grace and Peace,
- Tevita Fanaika
- Michael Eurit
- Howard Rodgers
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more