Why are we starting a new campaign here on GiveButter?
1. We've run into both technical and logistic limitations with the GoFundMe platform. GiveButter has features we'll be able to leverage to help raise more awareness and funds moving forward.
2. The Perednik Foundation has been formed as a 501c3 allowing us to mark your donations as charitable and be a tax credit. With the non-profit in-place we now have the backend structure to support our efforts as we continue to grow.
3. With the non-profit formed we had to draw a delineation between before non-profit and after to help ensure accounting records are kept clean.
4. We will have additional goals and projects we'll be working on moving forward in which the GiveButter platform allows us to create related campaigns under the umbrella of the Perednik Foundation.
5. We will be asking for additional funds to help establish foundational things like: Insurance, shelving/storage supplies, book keeping, and additional materials we may need in the future.
6. Since demand has slowed down and we have access to supplies, this was a good time to start on a new platform and focus on what the future needs may be given the warnings we've heard of a COVID19 resurgence in the fall.
7. We have expanded beyond the medical community and are working with schools, voting organizations, and other non-profits where we need to have the proper back end structure to support them and provide free options vs the paid ones that exist.
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping. '” Mr. Rogers
As a result of the shortage of personal protective equipment (PPE), a group of residents has formed PA (formerly Phoenixville) COVID Makers to manufacture small batches of PPE that can be made available to critical organizations in need.
100% of the funds are used to pay for the materials to make face shields and cloth masks. The 3D printing, sewing, assembly, cleaning, packaging, and delivery is done by volunteers. Our shields are a combination of the headband design approved by European Union health organizations and the shield design was contributed by Dwayne Myers and Shai Perednik.
The group has now delivered over 8,200 3D printed face shields and 4,000 cloth masks! The PPE has gone to dozens of facilities including police and fire companies, hospitals, senior centers, veterinary hospitals, rehab centers, and many others.
For more information, photos and to place a request, visit our website at PPE for PA
Google photos folder
List of Where We Have Delivered
We are the helpers!
Face shields in use at Einstein Medical in Norristown, PA
Face shield in use at Chester County Hospital
Face shield in use with West End Fire Company, Phoenixville, PA
Prepped shields and masks ready for delivery
Stack of 50 face shields
Face shields ready for delivery
Cloth masks are not a replacement for N95 masks but they are based on the pattern recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. Our masks may or may not have elastic depending upon availability.
Example cloth face mask
DonationsSee top donations
- Karen Dugosh
Fundraising team: PA COVID19 Makers Group Team (3)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more