Armani Bumford is organizing this fundraiser on behalf of Dashee Tarver.
Last night, I took my 6 month old princess to Eastside Medical Center to be examined for a cough for fear she may be asthmatic. After hours of waiting, two breathing treatments and a chest x-ray, the doctor came back and advised me that they needed to transfer her to Children's Hospital Egleston.
The chest x-ray came back and showed that her left lung was not working. Her sole source of oxygen came from her right lung.
They could not understand how my baby looked so normal. She did not present herself as a sick baby, as she plays, laughs and dances as long as you will let her.
The medics transported us to Egleston, where she underwent more testing and x-rays, and they concur. The left side is pure white again, and confirm she requires serious medical attention. They ran a CT scan, which showed that her heart is enlarged, and the bottom valve is not operational, causing blood to pool. Each time her heart attempts to pump, the left lung is pressed against, further preventing it from functioning. The doctors are beyond confused that such a beautiful and happy baby is dealing with these issues. Typically, she should be gasping for air, as well as having mobility issues.(I know that is only God's grace.) On Saturday, we spent the day with our church family at a church cookout, and she was perfectly fine. Barely 24 hours later, and she's admitted into the hospital.
Needless to say, this was devastating news for both myself as well as my mother, brother and aunt.
I forgot to mention that I recently received a letter from Medicaid stating that I requested to have my insurance canceled (which never happened) after I submitted a renewal online. The letter said that I would need to reapply in the future should I desire to get coverage again.
￼They now have her in Cardiac ICU with a pick line so that they can give her various medicines that will force her heart to pump properly and monitor her progress, as they said that she can either get better or get much worse in a short period of time. They are running tests to see if this was a viral infection or a disease that caused her heart to enlarge to such a capacity. Her heart is as big as her lung.
Right now, as much as I hate to do this, I have to ask for some help. My family and I have been in the process of moving from our home. Our property management company has been neglectful in many aspects, and has refused to repair damages from a busted pipe. When we moved in October 2016, they did not tell us that multiple pipes burst and did a lot of damage to the plumbing, until they had to send a vendor to fix the toilet downstairs. They then advised us that they had to dig up the entire backyard due to the flooding that the house experienced prior to the last residents moving out. They patched up a lot to make the house livable, and after about a year, we began to feel the effects. The basement began to leak, and though we continually contacted them and pled for someone to come repair it, they never showed.
After a few days of heavy rain outside, my basement also began to rain, and after three days or so, my ceiling collapsed. It took countless calls, complaints and escalations before someone actually showed up and stopped the leak, however the ceiling is still untouched. Mold has ensued from this.
Mold can lead to viral infections. If it is found that she had a viral infection, it would have been from this house.
Originally, we were leaving and moving into a hotel for a while since we haven't been able to secure a place yet. We felt we needed to leave quickly due to the mold and having a baby in the house. Never would I have imagined this could have taken place. However, with Aaliyah now being so sick, moving into a hotel would be an additional health risk. She needs to be in the confines of a place she can call home to heal, grow and be healthy.
Children's Hospital is a 45 minute drive from where we live. We have one vehicle in my household at the moment and between moving costs, the need to get into a home as soon as possible, and new bills for her procedures, food and everything else that is inevitable to come (quickly I assume), I honestly can't survive.
Raising her by myself is very hard, but I am thankful for the assistance from my aunt and my mother. Her father is nowhere to be found, and although I know that God is in control of the situation, I still don't know where any of these additional expenses will come from. We have to use the money that we set aside for the move to travel back and forth to the hospital with Lyft and gas in our own vehicle. Also, since Aaliyah is sick, we will have to get a more expensive accomodations to ensure that the room quality surpasses the norm so that she will be in cleaner conditions until we are able to move into a new home.
As of right now, the doctors are saying she is an extremely sick baby, and since her medicine will take time to work, she will be in the hospital for an expected mimimum of 4 weeks, (a possibility of 2 weeks if the medicine does an excellent job). Otherwise, there is a chance that my angel will be in there for a few months. When they first admitted her, they said two days.
I come to all of you reading this as sincerely as I know how asking that you find it in your heart to donate, no matter how much, and help me get my babygirl properly nursed back to health. I love and appreciate you all.
Aaliyah thanks you!