Sara is a sexuality educator,
and Beth is a licensed counselor and art therapist.
We believe that our youth need and deserve better.
We have joined forces to address the lack of sexuality education by offering OWL For Our Youth, a pilot program using Our Whole Lives (OWL) that will provide high-quality sexuality education training and support to existing community groups and schools.
We plan to offer 100+ young people OWL facilitated by trained and trusted adults in a safe, judgment-free environment.
OWL, widely considered the gold standard in sexuality education, is a lifespan curricula designed by the UUA and UCC.
It upholds the following values:
- Sexual Health
- Social Justice & Inclusivity
You can learn more about OWL here: Our Whole Lives.
Here's how we plan to use the money we raise:
- program supplies for up to 10 sites
- curriculum for up to 25 facilitators
- facilitator support
- 10 caregiver orientations
- certification training for 25 facilitators
- fair compensation for up to 10 external facilitators
Because one of our main goals is sustainability, your gift will ensure certified staff can facilitate the OWL program effectively for years to come.
We plan to kick-off the program in September 2016.
We have 36 days to raise the money we need!
- Your gift of $75 could supply 1 certified facilitator with curriculum.
- Your gift of $200 could provide 1 trusted adult certification training and curriculum.
- Your gift of $333 could fund the entire cost of 1 youth participating in the OWL program.
Thank YOU for joining the movement to ensure
our youth grow into healthy, confident adults!
Imagine what this country could look like
if all youth received OWL?
This could be the beginning...
DonationsSee top donations
- Jeff Howington
- Betsy Crane
- Denise Conner
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more