Otis (Bill) King's Medical Help

(MARCH 6 2018) Today the unthinkable happened, our Dad diagnosed with cancer. About 3-4 months ago Dad went in for a check up because he had an ongoing unbearable pain in his chest area. Xrays showed pnemonia, after a month and the antibiotics not working they took another xray and it was still there. Either it was scar tissue or possibly a tumor causing the pnemonia to stay. A CT scan was done last week which showed a large tumor in his right lung, blood work was next and today a biopsy where the doctor said it was in fact a 99% chance cancer (results likely take 3 days). Lord, I am still praying on that 1 percent. Next Tuesday is another appointment where he'll likely be turned over to the cancer center for staging and treatment. Our Dad is a simple man who keeps to himself. Never asks for help, but always asks if we need it. His bike is the only material thing he enjoys, besides that he doesn't have much. He just wants 1 more good riding season, he's missed the last 3 for various reasons since his wreck. Due to his health he cant have visitors right now. He's taking what cautions he can. But any prayers and comments will be sent his way. Ian and Dad live together and all donations will go straight to Ian (because Dad's NOT tech savvy) and then to Dad for any procedures etc he may need. The last week alone it's been almost 1k cash out of pocket for appointments and procedures and I know he's probably more worried about the financial impact than anything because he lives on social security, of course us kids can, will, and have helped as much as we can. Hopefully we can get assistance paperwork started for treatment. Brandi, Ian and I want to help out Dad as much as we can and I ask that anything you can donate is a great help to him, even sharing with other helps. We thank you and will keep you updated every time something new happens. Prayers are ALWAYS welcomed. I have cried so much over this, he is my hero and my best friend and aside from my own children, this was my biggest fear is a parent. I'm moving to Oklahoma this month to spend as much time as i can with him. I'll be up this weekend looking for a house to rent in Owasso. He's staying as positive as possible, as am I, even though i cry constantly. He tries to cheer us up and joke around about it but I know he wants to make it thru this as much as we want him too. Sorry for the long drawn out gush of feelings, etc. I could write all day about him. We love him so much, and I know eve though he's cooped up to himself, people that know him care, and even those who don't. Maybe some of you have heard us talk about him, it's always positive I know. He's not perfect, no one is... But in my eyes he's perfect to me. I love you all. Thank you for your support in this VERY difficult time for him.

Donations ()

  • Trace Zelt 
    • $50 
    • 24 mos
  • Len & Laura Skeehan/Tidwell  
    • $100 
    • 24 mos
  • Barnabas Whitaker 
    • $100 
    • 24 mos
  • Tim Coleman 
    • $500 
    • 24 mos
  • Luis Palacios 
    • $500 
    • 24 mos
See all

Organizer

Ashley King 
Organizer
Fort Worth, TX
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more