New Black Wall Street
Mission Statement: New Black Wall Street was started on the foundations of a Grassroots Movement. Just as every blade of grass started as a seed so was the idea of the rebuilding of BLACK WALL STREET. Two passionate people of the black community rooted 200 supporters raising $4,635 in 7 days. The goal is to raise money for land to be used as a foundation headquarters for Black Walls Street and a central location for the birth of black communal economy. With plans to take our movement nation wide, we also plan to establish a Black Wall Street in each one of the fifty states in America. When our goal is accomplished, we will establish prosperous and wealthy black communities across America, rebuild black communities that have been hit hard by our country’s economically downturn, also put an end to gentrifications that has been going on in our communities for decades
Potential Development Projects For The Land: This is only a potential layout of what we would like to see come to life. This isn’t a permanent development plans for the land as of yet. This is just general idea of what we would like to build on the land once we obtain the property.
• Schools and Educational System: We like an educational system that meet the Department of Education standards, but add our own curriculum that teaches the true history of Africa, African civilizations, African Culture, great black leaders of African decent from around the world, and the science and mathematics of ancient Africa. Also debunk European lies and false his-story the plagued the minds of African people for hundreds of years. We would like our school systems to begin with children entering Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade. We will also like to have to have day care centers to teach our babies before they enter our school systems, also to provide a safe, educational, and fun environment for children while their parents are tending to their businesses in the community, furthering their education, or working in their career fields.
• Housing in the Community: Depending on the acreage of land we purchase, or the size of the town we redevelop, we will provide efficient amount of housing for that area. We will like to have single family homes, town homes/row houses, also apartments and condos. We will also like to implement going green in our communities. We would like build Container and Earth Homes on the land as well (see picture below). We will also like to implement solar panels, wind or water powered generators (depending on the area) so that we don’t have to fully depend on the state or local government utilities and resources, also have an advance water purification system for our residents.
Example of Container Homes:
Examples of Earth Homes :
• Agriculture: We would like to preserve at least four acres of land in the communities for farmers to lease or buy to grow fresh produce, also to sell at our communities farmers market and due business with our local grocery stores that we’ll have in our communities so that we can have the freshest and organic fruits and produce. Also for areas with colder climates, we will build several large green houses so that farmers will be able to continue to grow produce all year round.
• Community Center: In every community we develop, we will have a community center where residents of the community can come to bond and interact with one another, children can play safely together, and where community events could be held as well. Also the community centers will be used for quarterly community meetings and town halls.
Community Structure: Black Wall Street will like to structure our communities as a modern day African village (Ubuntu). We will protect and defend ourselves and our communities, support and uplift one another, trade and do business with one another, teach one another, and the village (community) will be a family. We will live by our own codes/bylaws within the states or city regulations. Any problems that may occur in the village will be handled through the village council by having a town hall.
The community council board will consist of:
• Vice President
• Maintenance and property management
• Security board
The Founders and Executive Director for the New Black Wall Street Movement will oversea all community council boards. Also will like to reframe from using a European government structure and ideology as much as possible but still maintain a strong, united community structure within states or county codes, regulations, and bylaws.
Financing for the Projectoperating: During this time we are as a Grassroots Movement, with plans on operating under a 501c (3) non-profit organization in the future. We are using group economics and crowd funding to raise a goal of 1.5 million dollars for the purchasing of land to build on or invest in a town to redevelop. If it so happens that we purchase land under our initial goal, we will use the rest of the funds to pay for taxes or fees that may occur with the purchase of land or property. Also purchase materials for redevelopment, pay our developers we may hire for the project, pay for contractors and inspectors to inspect the property and to build on the land, lawyers, etc… Once we establish ourselves as a 501c (3) non-profit organization and create our financial board, we will be able to supply and more accurate financial plan and budget for the project. Once redevelopment is complete, we will create an investment plan so people can invest into our communities and future business, land, and home owners can build can build equity from theirs purchases. Also income made off of businesses will cover taxes, maintenance of land and property within our communities, investing in other communities or towns that may need to be redeveloped and other land we could possibly purchase and build on.
Bringing in residents and businesses: Once the redevelopment and building of the community is completed, we will have property up for purchase or rent, also spaces for businesses to lease below the average market price. We will use local realtors to help bring in residents and use several black business directories along with social media to help bring in black businesses for our communities.
Some businesses and centers we would like to have standard in all of our communities:
• Grocery Stores/Farmers Market
• Clothing Stores
• Medical/Natural Healing (Holistic) Centers
• Schools and Daycares
• Post Offices
The people have been calling for a New Black Wall Street and to practice group economics for some time now. This is our opportunity to create a 21st Century Black Wall Street and empower our people. Let’s use the power of Black Economics and put some of the 1.2 Trillion dollars we spend a year to good use, create something of our own and make history! With a 21st century Black Wall Street we will be able to create fronts for independent black owned businesses to establish themselves, create housing for the black community, create a true proper educational system and curriculum for our children, and practice agriculture to produce natural and organic foods. We plan to make this a nation wide movement and will be possible solution that affects us all and future generations to come.
Please move within your higher African spirit when donating and posting comment. We are trying grounded and as focus on this project as possible. We do not mind logical and sensible input on this project. But we would not acknowledge nor entertain any NEGATIVE energy on this platform or any other. Abibifahodie!
*NEW BLACK WALL STREET UPDATE*
We are aware that we did not raise enough funds to place a bid on the original property up for auction in Johnsonville, Connecticut that was intended to manifest a 21st century Black Wall Street. We want to present you with four other listings that we think have just as much potential as the Johnsonville location to establish the NEW BLACK WALLSTREET.
122 acres of land FOR SALE in Camden County Georgia, asking price $134,000
317 acres of land FOR SALE in Folkston, Georgia, asking price $442,215
63 acres of land up FOR AUCTION in Kittrell, North Carolina (Auction for this property will be held on 11/21/2014)
40 acres of land up FOR AUCTION in Portsmouth, Virginia
* This land is structure with public utilities (power, water, and sewer). Have 25 acres of undeveloped land, 144 total lots, 1 residential home, and 1 sales center. We can possibly obtain this land for a minimum bid of $851,000. (Auction for this property will be held on 11/20/2014)
Here is a link for a 16 minute YouTube video giving you a brief history on the ORIGINAL Black Wall Street in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Full Black Wall Street Documentary
Also a link to an article by Financial Juneteenth on the original property we tried to obtain to manifest the NEW BLACK WALL STREET.
Financial Juneteeth Interview (please excuse the quality of the audio due to connection issues)
Financial Juneteenth Black Wall Street Interview
If you have any resources to help with this movement or if you would like to speak with us personally and have ANY questions feel free to reach us at.
Currently brought to you by :
Black World Order (Mark Funderburk)
IG - @black_world_order
FB ( Malcolm Garvey Huey )
The MotherShip Connection (Oya - Tef Shu)
IG ( @blacksoulhealer )
Facebook (Oya TefShu)
- Sonya Hinton
- Chris Burley
- ELIZABETH MARK
- Shavonda Chambers
- Linda Stewart