LET’S OPEN THE 1ST BREASTFEEDING CENTER IN THE STATE!
Donate today to help us raise $15,000 in 15 days, to start our Center. Why? Because...
Infant Feeding Matters. Infant feeding is our window into the wellbeing of new families. We know that by increasing breastfeeding rates, we improve health outcomes for families and whole communities. And whether its breast or bottle, educating and supporting new families improves their health outcomes in the long-term.
Current infant feeding care is not working. We are failing our families. Louisiana's breastfeeding outcomes are some of the worst in the country, and maternal and infant mortality rates are shockingly high. Families of color suffer the greatest disparities, often due to a lack of access to expert and culturally appropriate care.
All New Orleans’ families deserve quality care. At our Center, we will provide holistic and evidence-based infant feeding support by a Nurse-Practitioner and IBCLC Lactation Consultant. Our Center will be the 1st program offering assessment and treatment of mother AND baby, with a focus on accessibility. Visits will be in-home or in-clinic, covered by private insurance and Medicaid.
Did you know that Breastfeeding Centers:
• Provide support and education for all types of infant feeding, not just breastfeeding
• Dramatically increase breastfeeding rates
• Decrease maternal and infant morbidity and mortality rates
• Encourage the involvement of partners, family, and community
• Help close the “gap” in care that occurs for new families in the postpartum period
• Communicate with a family’s entire care team, such as pediatrician, OB/Gyn, WIC, etc
• Encourage parents to become informed advocates in their families’ health care
• Promote healthy lifestyle changes that benefit families and communities long-term
• Address not just feeding, but sleep, bonding, routines, and early parenting too
We need your support. Donate today to help us reach our goal of $15,000 in 15 days. These funds will go to the start-up costs of rent and supplies for the first few months of operations. These funds will get us started off right, so we can serve our community effectively and ethically.
Thank you for your generosity,
Latona & Nikki
New Orleans Breastfeeding Center
NOTE: Donations are collected by our Fiscal Sponsor, Community Birth Companion. This way, all donations are tax-exempt.
- Juliet Frazier
- Marion Deming
- Kris Ford
- Caitrin Alb
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more