Megan Talty loses everything in fire

Just weeks after purchasing her new home, Megan (and her daughterJess) lost practically everything in Thursday's Chermside apartment fire that initially started in the apartment directly below hers. She spent the last of her money on new furniture; it too was destroyed. Unfortunately, due to only recently moving in, she was yet to organise contents insurance. Despite losing their home, furniture, treasured memorabilia, clothes and personal items (including Jess’s new mobile phone) the pair amazingly are putting on a brave front. They are just grateful to have escaped the two separate infernos with their pet cat, Gidget. Megan remains humble in spite of being the one to raise the alarm for other residents to flee the burning building for the second time in 10 hours and preventing possible tragedy. We endeavour to raise $8000 to get them back on their feet. Funds will go towards suitable accommodation for the three (who are currently separated) whilst the apartment is being restored over the coming months as well as some work clothes for Megs and Jess.

For more information:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/fire-forces-dozens-of-people-out-of-unit-block-at-chermside/news-story/49cc3eafef306f0cc4886849c7b4d939

Donations ()

  • Dave Couzens 
    • $100 
    • 30 mos
  • Julie England 
    • $100 
    • 30 mos
  • Lorraine Carter 
    • $50 
    • 30 mos
  • Shawn & Kym Kristofer 
    • $100 
    • 30 mos
  • Christine Gregory  
    • $100 
    • 30 mos
See all

Organizer

Jennifer Carter 
Organizer
Chermside, QLD
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more