OKC Teen Fighting For His Life After Being Hit By SUV While Riding Bicycle:
First and foremost, we would like to thank you in advance for your consideration and/or contribution towards Mathieo's Journey Home. Providing a safe temporary home for Mat and his mom upon his release from the hospital, is crucial at this point.The goal of Mathieo's Journey Home is to procure a viable parcel of land on which a permanent home will be built that provides Mat the strong foundation necessary for his lifelong recovery. Through your support, time and/or contribution in the span of six months Mat will finally be given the opportunity to have a permanent home after being displaced over the past several years.
Please allow us to take the opportunity to tell you a little bit about Mathiew Noah and his incredible recovery by defeating extraordinary odds.
Problems Mount For Bethany Family As Teen Recovers After Being Hit By Car:
Mathiew, or as he likes to be called "Mathieo", went through a life changing crisis when he was struck on August 8th by an SUV while riding his bicycle. Medical Staff at the OU Medical Center gave Mat less than a 5% chance of survival and even less odds of recovery from debilitating permanent brain damage. Within the first seventeen days, he showed the doctors that the first battle was won when he came out of his medically induced coma. By day twenty-seven, he showed the medical community the war was won by speaking words for the first time after the accident. Just in the past few days he has adamantly expressed his determination towards walking the stage and receiving his High School Diploma on his own two feet.
OKC Teen Making Remarkable Recovery After Being Hit By SUV: http://www.news9.com/story/23543775/okc-teen-making-remarkable-recovery-after-being-hit-by-suv
What is remarkable about Mat is not just his victory against death but his general positive attitude towards life. When asked this week by a reporter in regards to his feelings towards what has happened to him, Mat is quoted as stating, "I just feel like I've survived something that could have gone even worse than what it was. I could have not lived. I could have died." Mat's optimistic and humble view at this new opportunity of life, at such a young age is both rare and inspiring. Mat truly believes "It is only going to get better from here."
As this letter is being written, Mat is overcoming the challenge of walking and standing on his own free will at the Children's Center of Bethany. Mathiew has spent over seven weeks inside a hospital room now, five of them at the Children's Center's Rehabilitation Unit. If, upon his scheduled release date of October 10th at 9:00 a.m., if his mother is unable to provide a home he will then be admitted to a state facility (a youth group home, or a retirement home). As a community we have to pull together to create an equal quality of life for Mat.
TOGETHER, AS A COMMUNITY WE CAN BUILD MATHIEO A HOME HE NEEDS!!
In efforts to achieve our goal we need the help of our local communities. We are asking different leaders to reach within their own specific communities to help recruit supporters and volunteers. Here is where and how you can be of influential assistance, we are looking for anyone:
- with a rental home or extra space who is willing to work with the family. This would grant us a great temporary solution during the time the permanent home is being built.
- with a parcel of land within the OKC area willing to donate just enough for a small home to be built.
- willing to take donations or set up small fundraisers to help accumulate the funds to purchase the parcel. We estimate the price of land and the project aside from other materials donated will cost approximately $7000.00.
- with mechanical engineering, civil engineering, structural engineering and or architectural designing expertise to volunteer their time and resources in developing the home.
- that has the time to volunteer in different areas of Mathieo's Journey Home is encouraged to be recruited.
- with home building materials and or resources(i.e. lumber, insulation, sheet rock, nails, tiles, cabinetry:).
- with realty, home insurance, and legal expertise.
Other than asking members of the community for direct donations or in kind donations, here are some ideas for community fundraising. Sara and I both work as community organizers so we can help in the organizing and planning of any fundraiser you wish to head on. Please feel free to contact us at any time in regards to any questions, comments, or ideas. One of the things we are striving for is to get the youth within our community involved to take initiative, Mathieo's Journey home can be a great way to volunteer, help, and learn! We are asking the entire community to pull together not to just fund-raise for the cost of the home but to actually physically partake in the structural building of the home. This project will create an opportunity to strengthen community bonds, encourage moral social responsibility, and empower individuals to see the possibility of change through volunteerism by upholding good Samaritan values.
- Bowl"a"thon - Wine Tasting - Art Gala - 5K Run/Walk
- Americana Festival - Small Concerts - Silent Auction - Book Sale
- Car/Bike Shows - Work/Prayer Breakfast - Chili Cook off
- Hockey Tournament - Brat Night - Bicycle Race - Tailgate Party
- Fish Fry - Sloppy Joe Feed - Taco Sale - Hot dog sale
- Community Rummage Sale - Letter Writing Campaign
- "˜Wing it for Mathieo' chicken wing contest - Auctions
Sara Bana & Lee Maples
[email redacted] [phone redacted] or [email redacted] [phone redacted]
DonationsSee top donations
- Mathieo's Journey Home Poker Run
- Skye Ruttman
- Jared Maples
- JK Doran
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more