We are Many Waters. We are radical lovers of Jesus with a heart to praise Him in different styles that will transform lives and impact nations with His love. We'll be recording a Live Worship Album in November and we need YOUR help!
Read below about the heart for this album and all the details. Then click the Donate Now button to help us reach our goal!
What is Many Waters?
Many Waters is a multi-ethnic, intergenerational worship team. Focusing on intimacy with and exalting Jesus, the lyrical content of our songs is vertical in nature. We major on singing to or from the Lord. The music itself has an eclectic sound, using different genres, from Gospel to Rap to “CCM”, to deliver the message of the Bible to a diverse demographic of people.
Influenced by The House of Prayer movement, our music expresses the message of Jesus as Bridegroom. This message, often referred to as the “Bridal Paradigm”, comes mainly from the Song of Solomon. In this book, the Bride wins the Daughters of Jerusalem to the cause of chasing the King (Jesus) by displaying her love for Him openly in a beautiful soliloquy in chapter 5.
Our goal, like the Bride in Song of Solomon, is to expose a multitude of people to the beauty of Jesus through song. We desire to be fuel for the coming revival by creating songs that encourage the body of Christ around the world to focus on the love of, the glory of and the presence of Jesus.
Why use the name Many Waters?
Our goal is to hear the voice of Jesus, be impacted by His voice and be an accurate musical representation of His voice here in the Earth.
In both Song of Solomon and Revelation, the bride takes on the sound and speech of her beloved King:
· In Song of Solomon 1:15, the bride hears the king say to her, "How beautiful you are, my darling, how beautiful you are! Your eyes are like doves." The King says the same thing in 4:1. Later in chapter 5, the Daughters of Jerusalem ask the bride why she is so taken by the king, and as justification for her extravagant love for him, she says, "His eyes are like doves beside streams of water, bathed in milk, and reposed in their setting.”(5:10) She was so impacted by the words He spoke to her, that she used the same words as praise about Him.
· In Revelation, John encounters King Jesus, “His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters.” Later in chapter 19, John says, “Then I heard something like the voice of a great multitude and like the sound of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, saying, "Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready." The same sound that John heard as Jesus’ voice is now the voice of the bride. Jesus’ words to the bride and the sound of His voice become her words back to Him and the sound of her voice.
This theme of being affected by His voice and words is what we endeavor to mirror in our music.
Our first project is a live recording on November 18, 2017!
To make this a reality, the project requires funding for each step of the way.
Our budgeted goal is $35,000. Here is where the funds will be used:
· Waves Single - We are recording 1 single in the studio prior to the live recording for marketing the live event. This will require a studio, an engineer, equipment, mixing and mastering.
· Marketing - We will use social media for most of the marketing but will also have marketing materials – promo videos, photographs, a website, and flyers to draw people to the event and for follow-up marketing.
· Logistics – There are many necessary logistics to recording this album in a live setting including rehearsals, venue rental, sound engineers, and equipment.
· Album Production – After the live recording, the album will be professionally mixed and mastered. When the album is complete, it will be available on iTunes and Amazon, physical copies, and digital download cards.
We pray that this will be a seed for the expansion of the kingdom of God and lead to much more fruitfulness in the future, with more recordings as the Lord draws the nations back to Him.
Will you join us in achieving this goal?
At the end of the day we are looking to make music that makes a difference and in this, affect the nations with a sound that is lovesick for the King of Kings. Historically, every revival had a message and every revival message was carried by music. Many Waters will be a part of that revival by producing a sound that stems from and moves Heaven.
That's why we need YOUR help! You are invited to the live event and we need YOU to partner with us in order to put on the event and produce the inspired music that you will hear.
Would you join us?!
- Thierry Nkwansambu
- Tim Yang
- Jared Votaw
- Steven Spicer
- Gail Burkholder
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more