LOVE for PASSION
is a film written, directed & produced by award-winning filmmaker, Nathan Hale Williams
("Dirty Laundry," "The Ski Trip," "INSIDE: Black Culture"). It tells the story of Jeffrey Love (James Brown III)
who is a young African-American dancer on the verge of his NYC solo debut. All is well until his estranged father Darryl (Miles Mussenden)
shows up seeking forgiveness. It also stars Tony Award
nominee & dance legend, Desmond Richardson
. In a highly dramatic confrontation, Darryl now seeks forgiveness from his son for a multitude of transgressions. Love for Passion also celebrates the breakthrough of fathers loving their sons while confronting the breakdown of the father/son relationship.
More than a film, Love for Passion is a movement that is meant to inspire, uplift and transform lives. It's a dance, a two step in many ways, that says fathers if you take one step to speak openly with your sons the next step can change the world. Starring
- James Brown III, Miles Mussenden, La Rivers, Malikha Mallette AND Desmond RichardsonExecutive Producers
- Charlie Lewis, Jr., B.J. Coleman
Qwynn Dolmo & Leslie "ButtaFlySoul" TaylorProducers -
Carol Ann Shine & Sean Joell JohnsonCo-Producer -
- Vernard J. Gilmore & Telly Fowler Additional Choreography
- Robin LevineWritten, Directed & Produced by Nathan Hale Williams
Thanks to websites like GO Fund Me we are now able to hear more than the typical voices of Hollywood. You too can be a part of this movement by making your donation to this film project today!
We have completed production of the film and are now in the middle of post-proudction. We are ALMOST at the FINISH LINE - PLEASE HELP US CROSS!
Here's where the money goes:
1. Post-Production - We need to edit the film, add a musical score and all of the other post-production things that complete the film and give it the sparkle that will make it even more special. (First and most important)
2. Curriculum Development - We are developing a curriculum using the film as a jumping point to get younger men of of color to talk about these issues in mini-residencies across the country during the summer of 2015.
3. Festival Support - We intend to take the film to all of the major festivals and your donations will help us cover any fees associated with such so that film is seen widely and accomplishes its goals.
Here are some behind-the-scenes stills:
James Brown III rehearses as Jeffrey Love
James Brown III as "Jeffrey Love" & La Rivers as "Janine Love"
Director Nathan Hale Williams with Desmond Richardson as "KC" & James Brown II as "Jeffrey Love"
Jeffrey confronts Darryl (Miles Mussenden)
Choreographers rehearse with James Brown III
More about Our Writer/Director:Nathan Hale Williams
is an award-winning producer, award-winning author, entertainment attorney and television personality. Nathan is the executive producer and producer of the NAACP Image Award and GLAAD Award nominated film, Dirty Laundry
. At the American Black Film Festival, Dirty Laundry won the awards for Best Picture and Best Actor (Loretta Devine). After its sold out New York City theatrical release, Dirty Laundry has gone on to be the only film to appear on such a diverse set of television networks (BET, LOGO, TVOne and Lifetime). Nathan also produced and starred in the award-winning film, The Ski Trip,
which was LOGO's debut feature film in 2005. For television, Nathan is the creator and executive producer of My Model Looks Better Than Your Model
, hosted by America's Next Top Model winner Eva Marcille Pigford. As well, he is the executive producer of Leading Men and Leading Women
(formerly Real Life Divas), which was nominated for a 2010 NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Television Series "“ News/Information. With critical acclaim, Nathan produced and directed a three-part Black History Month documentary series, INSIDE: Black Culture
. He has also directed and produced commercials for Isabella Fiore Handbags (starring Veronica Webb) and Jumpstart (starring LL Cool J). Never one to rest on his laurels, Nathan has written two feature length screenplays and one short film.