Did you know:
- 1 in 2 people in the world will be affected by a mental health issue at some point in their lives?
- Mental disorders among the leading causes of ill-health and disability worldwide.
- Approximately 450 million people currently suffer from some kind of mental illness ranging from depression and anxiety, to schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
- and I am one of them.
There. I said it.
Here’s why I am telling you about MY mental health issues:
I have been struggling, in silence, with anxiety and depression for years.
I have decided that I can no longer live in darkness. I am determined to find find a way out.
I invite you to join me on the journey, and help others find their way out of the darkness.
About the Movie:
Starting October 10th, during World Mental Health Day, I'll be starting a 40-day experiment, exploring the various methods and modalities that are used to treat people who face mental health challenges. I will be filming my journey and creating a documentary movie, to help a shine a light that might help others out of their darkness.
Though it adds to my anxiety, for the first time in my 20-year film making career, I will be stepping in front of the camera. I will take on the role of “guinea pig,” as I endeavour to learn how to cope with — and heal from — life challenges and traumas. I will be working with, a wide spectrum of world renowned experts - mentalists, hypnotists, neurologists, therapists, physicians, personal trainers, dietitians, etc. I will be exploring the impact of dietary constraints, meditation, coping strategies, self-help, the role of big Pharma and more.
I will take the great risk of exposing my inner world, in the hopes of reducing stigma, raising awareness, and helping people find their own way to heal.
Please Help Me Shine A Light...
For too long we have stigmatized mental health issues as something taboo, that should be left in the dark — yet it is one of the most debilitating epidemics in westernized society.
By supporting this cause you can help improve or even save someone's life — including your own!
There are three ways that you can join us and help to make this film a reality:
First, become a help us create this documentary by donating to this GoFundMe campaign. As you can see from our “perks” your donation will be credited online and in the film.
Second, visit our Thunderclap campaign (LIDMovie.com/Thunderclap) and help us spread the word to shine the light even further.
Third, show us how you shine for mental health -- share a "Glow Story"! Here's how:
Take a photo or a make video with some source of a light — a lamp, a flashlight, a glowstick or whatever want (get creative) and post it with one of the following:
- a story about how mental health issues have affected your life, or the life of someone you know
- a word of encouragement for someone going through a mental health problem
- a fact or statistic about Mental Health issues
- Also, use #LIDGlowStory so we can see your public posts. Thanks for using #LIDMovie & #ShineForMentalHealth if you can.
- Use #LIDGlowStory so we can see your public posts. Thanks for using #LIDMovie and #ShineForMentalHealth if you can.
Together we can overcome this growing epidemic by speaking up and shedding a light on mental health. Let's NOT live in Darkness any longer!
Donate & Spread The Word Today!
DonationsSee top donations
- Rebecca Sorokin
- Natalie Brunshtein
- Kimeiko Dover
- Miriam Raviv
- Viktoria Roizen
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more