The program to which I've been accepted as a distance learner is through One Spirit Learning Alliance located in New York, NY. You can find out more about the program here: http://onespiritinterfaith.org/
As most of you know, I've been on an amazing and intense three-year spiritual and personal development journey. So, this decision was not entered into lightly and has definitely been guided by the Universe through the most amazing occurrences:
1) The Spiritual Counselor program in which I was participating was cancelled indefinitely just months before my completion.
2) While in the midst of patiently awaiting and praying for next steps, a friend posted a link to the One Spirit ministerial program on her Facebook page.
3) I went to the site and literally experienced chills while reading about the content, curriculum, and support structure offered by One Spirit.
4) I completed a fairly rigorous application process, was accepted into the program and awarded a generous $450 scholarship to assist with tuition expenses.
5) Classes start, September 13th!
All of this has led me to consider how I'm going to pay for this unexpected expense in my budget. While speaking with the Dean of Finance at One Spirit; she offered some sage advice. She said, "Kim, if you're going to be a minister, part of your role will likely be to conduct fundraising in one form or another. There's no time like now to start."
So, although this is HUGELY uncomfortable for me and I'm feeling somewhat vulnerable, I'm initiating this fundraiser to help me cover the following expenses for my first year of ministerial school:
$2,700 1st Year Tuition: $3,150 - $450 scholarship = $2,700
$ 685 Year-end Intensives Fee (in New York)
$ 275 Electives Fee
$ 600 Round-trip flight to New York next May
$ 200 Books and Supplies
$ 350 GoFundMe and WePay fees (5% + 2.9%)
Of course, it's no accident that this 'opportunity' has come to me to also show me that I can count on my friends and loved ones for encouragement and support. And, while I don't have an exact picture of where this will all lead me, I do know that this training is part of my destiny.
The $5,000 goal will cover the above mentioned expenses for my first year in full. Honestly, though, any amount (large or small) toward that number will help me greatly and be most cheerfully accepted and appreciated! There, I did it. I asked...Whew!
Much Love to YOU ALL!
DonationsSee top donations
- Tina purdie
- Tina purdie
- James Cope
- Tina purdie
- Bryan DePalma
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more