GIVE GOATS - A GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!
The Karadah Project International, in partnership with the Shindand Women's Social Foundation (SWSF) in Afghanistan, is building sustainable goat herds for villagers in Khairabad, Afghanistan.
Here's how it works:
Your generous donation provides 15 families with 2 goats each
· Goats will be vaccinated and provided with food/grazing rights for 4 months.
· Each goat will provide the family with yoghurt and milk, which they can use and sell for income at market.
· Each goat will produce 2-4 kids twice a year.
· Each family will give the first 2 female kids from each of their goats to another family.
Your donation also provides 10 goats to the Shindand Women's Social Foundation
· The foundation manages the growth of a central herd for distribution to additional families.
· The SWSF centrally manages the milk processing equipment for use by village families at no charge.
· The SWSF maintains male goats for breeding purposes.
Two goats may seem like a small thing to you, but you might be accustomed to picking up your groceries at the store as you drive home from work. Life in Afghanistan is a great deal harder than that. These animals mean self-sufficiency and more. Consider the implications of these two goats over a period of time. You make one donation now and each year, the family's goats will reproduce:twice! The two goats you donate now grow into a sustainable herd providing a new food source and new income for an Afghan family. This isn't a handout, it's a hand up. And each family who receives that hand up pays it back with the donation of their first kids to the central herd. This is an opportunity to change lives for generations. Donate now and be that change.
- Meredith Johnston
- Specialist Daniel Tompkins, BFA
- Vicky Donato
Elk Horn, IA
KARADAH PROJECT INTERNATIONAL
Donations are 100% tax deductible.