This year I am doing a follow-up mission to raise $4500 I support for Kampala School for the Physically Handicapped.
The mission of Kampala School for the Physically Handicapped (KSPH) is a residential co-ed school located in the suburbs of Kampala. It is dedicated to educating and equipping physically handicapped children (age 6 – 21 y) for development and self-reliance. The vast majority of students have physical disabilities due to cerebral palsy, history of polio, spina bifida, hydrocephalus, muscular dystrophy and down’s syndrome. The services provided include formal education, Physical/Occupation therapy and vocational training.
The school is in need of a steady supply of water for regular operations and sanitation. They currently rely on city water; however, the supply is inconsistent. Therefore, KSPH has opted to construct an above ground 10,000 liter water tank to harvest rainwater, which will supplement their water supply, increase access to water and reduce water bills. The cost of this project is ~$4500.
I have set out to run 50 miles in races
- Half marathon 13.1 miles - Chicago Rock n Roll on July 16th 2017
- 5 K (3.1 mile) – Kingdom Running Club Motivational run August 5th 2017
- 10 K (6.3 mile) – Faith and fitness race, Jackson Park IL, September 9th 2017
- Full marathon 26.2 miles – Fox valley full marathon September 17th 2017
I request you to help me accomplish this goal by sponsoring me. The suggestions are
1. General sponsorship – any monetary amount
2. $0.50 per mile ($25) sponsorship
3. $1 per mile ($50) sponsorship
4. $2 per mile ($100) sponsorship
5. $3 per mile ($150) sponsorship
6. $4 per mile ($200) sponsorship
7. $5 per mile ($250) sponsorship
Please note that because KSPH is not registered as non-profit organization in the United States, contributions received will not be tax deductible. In lieu, a personal letter of thanks will be sent to you from KSPH.
Please check my FaceBook ‘Timothy Ssali’ for updates about my progress.
Timothy Sentongo, MD
The Kampala School for the Physically Handicapped's Website
- ROBERT kiggundu
- JAMES MULINDA
- Moses Kyobe
- Stellah Ndahura
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more