Janna lost 2 of her pack yesterday in a tragic accident. Adoni and Drago passed away after ingesting Death Angel (Amanita virosa) mushrooms in my own back yard. The toxins in these mushrooms will cause liver failure in dogs. The other 4 (one being a CFP-NC hospice foster she is caring for) all went to the emergency vet, some with severe symptoms and some to run blood work. The other 4 are home now, but not before getting a hefty sized bill at the emergency room.
Janna is a strong woman who cares so deeply for her pets and her fosters. She takes on a lot of seniors knowing they will be harder but she wants to give them all a chance. She almost never asks the rescue for food or reimbursement and always purchases all she can for her fosters. Even in the tragedy of loosing her 2, she took in an 8 week old puppy who has a "kink" in his spine and will have issues walking and will need a wheel chair or therapy. Her kindness and generosity should be recognized. She did not ask for this, but the large bill at ER vet for 4 dogs and the cremation of her 2 fur-babies is a lot to take on at the same time. Please consider helping Janna out. If you do not want to give monetary, please see her Amazon Wish list that benefits her fosters: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ls/ref=/146-3001320-5830161?ie=UTF8&%2AVersion%2A=1&%2Aentries%2A=0&lid=2V0GAAXYZ4UUQ&ty=wishlist
She will also need puppy stuff as she doesn't normally take in puppies - so consider that as well. Let's just show that we appreciate what she does for the animal community, she is a fantastic foster, a wonderful volunteer for Cause For Paws of NC and truly a great friend to lots!