Starting from year 2016, the CSR effort of ISM APAC have had a special concern on encouraging Sri Lankan education at the grassroots level. We understood the best way we can support education is, by solving the much-needed basic facilities related issues faced by rural schools.
Our CSR Journey so far:
· In 2016 we built a water purification system for Kahatagollewa Vidyalaya, Kabithigollewa.
· In 2017 we constructed a school building for Tri/K/Peramaduwa Vidyalaya, Agbopura, Kantale.
· In 2018 we constructed two state of the art class room buildings for Weragala Vidyalaya located in Habarana with furniture along with stationary.
Refer our Facebook page to view our journey: https://www.facebook.com/helpingsleducation
This year 2019, ISM APAC CSR team started the journey with the intention of continuing their support to the education system in Sri Lanka which marks a great milestone, as the 04th consecutive project and as the biggest project so far, where we selected Maha Andarawewa Junior School as the 2019 CSR project. The team identified this as the most fitting school which has many requirements to be fulfilled which will be benefiting so many students in the future and kicked off with identification and finalization of the fund-raising campaigns.
While there were many reasons to select Maha Andarawewa junior school as the main selection, key highlights included school’s past achievements on academic arena as well as in non-academic aspects regardless of the many difficulties they have due to lack of resources.
Objective of CSR Project 2019:
With the funds that will be generated through the CSR project this year, ISM APAC CSR team will provide Maha Andarawewa junior school the following necessities such as;
1. A state of the art, 3 Class room building with Furniture
2. Science laboratory and a Computer room building
3. Science laboratory / Computer room Furniture and 10 Computers
4. Renovation of Current Infrastructure in the school
5. Stationary Packs for every student of the school
6. After Service for last 3-year Projects
We will also be conducted other value-added benefits to the villagers of the school and for the environment. We have planned to initiate a system for plantation in the village and as we are working in a knowledge-based industry it is our responsibility to educate and uplift the society by sharing knowledge which we gathered. We have planned a series of knowledge sharing session to all the villagers to enhance their knowledge levels.
We cordially invite you to join hands with "Helping Hands for Education - සිප්සතරට අරුණැල්ලක්" to deliver a successful project for these kids in need!