This year, the PTA is hoping to support two aspects of school life:
• to help fund further enhancement of the student mental health/wellbeing support that is already provided, having seen an increase in demand over recent months;
• to support a project in the Technology department to invest in cutting edge equipment to enhance the student experience and keep up with the latest technologies in this fast-paced area. In particular, we hope to raise £5000 for the following:
· A full refurbishment of the laser cutter which is a good quality machine used by all year groups. This will ensure another 10 years of fantastic service.
· A refurbishment and upgrade to the 26 desktop computers that are used in the L Block DT rooms so that they are compatible with more up to date 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) software tools suitable for 21st century design.
· The purchase of six desktop 3D printers to make this exciting and influential technology available to students in all key stages. These will link to school iPads.
· The purchase of an A4 sublimation printer, which would make it possible to print onto a huge variety of different surfaces such as plastics and textiles and which will offer students across the different DT departments the chance to introduce greater sophistication in their manufacturing.
All these investments would benefit students from Year 7 all the way through to A-level students in Post-16. The aim would be to have all these things incorporated into learning schemes for the start of the new academic year in September 2021.
Thank you in advance for your contribution which will support these school projects that will have a direct positive impact on the learning experience of IGS students.
DonationsSee top donations
- Ed Bowman
- Aurelie Fauvel
- Ruth Roper
- David Robinson
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more