He spent 6 weeks in the hospital from the date of diagnosis. Then was able to be home for 3 weeks before going back in for more chemo. He was fortunate that they found a willing, anonymous donor and the transplant was scheduled for October 6th.
On September 4th, his body shut down and he blacked out while in the shower. He spent the next 19 days in the hospital. This delayed his transplant for a minimum of 6 weeks.
We found out today that our insurance ends on December 7th. His company has been fantastic at holding his position hoping he would be back, but can only hold it for 6 months, which means he loses insurance at that point also.
We have managed despite losing his income, but the thought of getting through this paying cobra is overwhelming and without insurance would be unmanagable.
We have a beautiful, strong daughter that is a senior this year and we are trying to minimalize the impact for her.
We have medical expense, travel expense for medical appointments, loss of half of our income, and now a looming COBRA monthly fee. Anything will help.
If you can't donate financially, prayers are appreciated.
Bob, Lissa, and Bethany
DonationsSee top donations
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more