After two months in the hospital, she is now thankfully home with me in hospice care. My family’s goal is to make her as comfortable as possible, and provide her with the constant daily care she needs.
My mom is uninsured, was denied social security disability, and is ineligible for medicare since she's only 59, which adds an enormous amount of stress to my family as we try to provide the best care without very many resources. Any financial support sent her way will go toward daily expenses, which include everything from cleaning supplies to keep a sterile environment at home to astronomical medical bills.
Examples of what your contribution will directly support:
• $5 - a week's worth of distilled water for the oxygen concentrator machine
• $10 - a box of sterile gloves for a week
• $15 - Dermal Wound Cleanser to clean her trach tube and feeding tube
• $20 - help offset expenses for my dad to travel 60 miles a day to visit her after work
• $60 - 12 meals of feeding tube nutrition
• Any amount - help with the thousands of dollars in hospital bills
My mom is an incredibly humble and selfless person who has literally given me the last $10 in her bank account to help me in the past. She's a loving mother of 3 children and has always placed our needs ahead of her own. She lives a simple life plagued with financial struggle but that hasn't stopped her from being a wonderful mother and wife. She's been a trooper throughout this experience and despite the situation has maintained a positive outlook on the time she has remaining.
Every little bit helps. Thank you for your concern, your thoughts or prayers, and for your generosity.