Neglected, abused and abandoned cats are a shocking reality...many being pet cats that end up on the street and cannot survive this harsh climate or street life!
Help the Voiceless & Innocent...save a life today.
Cat Lovers Qatar is a group of animal welfare volunteers who dedicate their lives to helping a desperate cat situation.
We have rescued, TNR (Trap - Neuter (Sterilize) - Return) & found ForeverAdoption homes for hundreds of cats in Qatar over the last six years.
It is up to the communities and kind Cat-Loving individuals to step in and help...we have no formal support from any authority or corporate sponsors. We solely rely on donations & help from kind cat lovers.
Cat Lovers also manages a number of cat colonies around the city of Doha. The main focus being TNR and inevitably we rescue dumped and abused pets. Most rescued cats & kittens need medical treatment - after which we try to place them in Foster or Adoptive homes.
Sadly - Pet cats in Doha are often abused, dumped, and discarded like a toy - when they serve no purpose of being cute & cuddly anymore.
Many of the abandoned pets left on the streets - are not neutered/spayed, adding to the already high numbers of the stray cat population.
We are in desperate need of covering the costs for all of our outstanding bills & to continue the rescue and feeding of colonies:
Our aim is to raise QAR75 000 or Swiss Franc CHF20 600
(Approx GBP15 700 or USD20 600 or EURO18 000)
This money will secure the existence of Cat Lovers Qatar.
We need this money desperately to pay outstanding Vet & Food debts and to continue the Rescue Work.
Cash, Donations or Sponsor/s for approx running expenses:
* Food for feeding Colony Cats
* TNR (Trap, Neuter, Return)
* Basic Medicine & Vet Services
TOTAL Monthly Cost: Approximately QAR10 000
(Aprox GBP2 100 / USD2 750 / EURO2 400 / CHF2 700)
(This figure depends on how many cases of TNR and Rescue cats we have every month - Vet bills & medicine are expensive. We rescue the desperate cases where a life will be lost if we do not step in and help a kitten, or sick & injured cat.)
* Total Outstanding Veterinary and food bills currently (NOV 2018) => QAR 70 000
(Aprox GBP14 600 / USD19 000 / Euro16 800 / Swiss Franc 19 200 )
* Extra Cash to be used for TNR & Rescue work
Sadly we are currently turning away so many Cats in desperate need...but we do not have the funds to help them!
* Re-location costs: re-homing Cats overseas - Sadly, there is not enough people in this community wanting to commit to lifetime pets... We are desperately trying to find good homes elsewhere.
Every rescued animal needs:
- Vet consultation
- De-worming & Anti-parasite medication
- a place to stay --> Foster home
There are so many ways you can help:
* Urgent to pay for food, medical bills, and TNR running costs.
* Pay money directly at suppliers towards outstanding bills - ie. Cat Food or Veterinary clinics - contact us for details & always keep the slip of payment.
* Monthly Contribution (Sponsorship) covering ongoing costs every month (such as food, vet bills or TNR) It could be a small amount - even 50QAR can make a huge difference!
* Donate something you have and don't need/use anymore - CatLoversQatar always need:
o Cat Food
o Cat Litter
o Cat Litter boxes
We also dearly appreciate help with any other service you could offer - ie. graphic design, marketing ideas or campaigns, whatever you have to offer - contact us to discuss, please!
Cash Donations welcome too - CatLoversQatar can arrange for a Volunteer to collect from your work/home. Please email us to arrange: [email redacted]
Cat Lovers Qatar is trying their best in making a difference in the animal welfare community, but we need HELP - please.
No amount is too small and any and every donation is greatly appreciated. Please help us spread the word to your friends and family.
Ways to donate:
* Via our GoFundMe page - this Campaign
* Paypal - please contact us for more information
* Pay towards our Vet Bill directly at the veterinary clinic at Dr. Faris Al Tamimi (Katara - Doha, Qatar) or contact us for more details on other suppliers!
* Volunteer =>help with maintaining cat colony in your area of choice
* Foster Home - to help with kittens/cats that need a short-term home to recover
* Donate Cat Food, Cat Litter or anything cat related - Cat Carrier Box, Cat Toys, Cat Bowls
* Sponsor TNR for one cat on a monthly basis, ie.
Cost of basic sterilization 200QAR Male Cat & 300QAR Female Cat
Please get in touch with us via the Facebook or email above if you have any questions - we are just normal people, most of us with full-time jobs and being moms, wives and passionate animal lovers trying to make a difference!
For more information, please visit our Facebook page or email us!
Be a Feline Hero - Facebook Page Cat Lovers Qatar
Help the Voiceless & Innocent! Save a life today...
DonationsSee top donations
- Nadeesha Rathnayake
- Diane Derr
- Asma Alathba
- Mona Sh
Fundraising team: Fundraising Team CATLovers (2)
Najla El Kayal Antonios