I will be going with Coastal Community Church to South Africa on a short-term mission trip July 16th -25th! While we are in South Africa we will be working with an organization called Children’s Cup.
I am excited about this opportunity for several reasons but here are a few:
• This past year I have had the opportunity to be a part of a church plant when Coastal Community Church launched their new campus in Pompano Beach. Seeing countless lives changed this past year I really do believe that the local church is the hope of the world. As a church, we are not only partnered with Children’s Cup to care for the children in Thubelisha, but we are also partnered with a local church that is working hands on with this community.
• In May I graduated with my Masters in Social Work and began working for a local foster care agency in their crisis maternity home. Our agency cares for the modern day widow and orphan and I believe this trip is an extension of that work. Though my time in South Africa may be short my commitment is long as I have begun sponsoring a child in the community we will be traveling to so that he can attend school and break the cycle of poverty.
• Africa is a huge step out of my comfort zone which means GROWTH! I’m excited for how God will use me to reach others in S. Africa. At the Care Points I hope to demonstrate the love, hope & faith that Jesus did in the early days.
In order to make this journey, I will need some assistance with:
• Prayer! I need friends and family to pray for me and our team. I would love for you to pray for strength emotionally, physically, and spiritually as well as meeting my financial needs required for this trip.
• Finances! I am raising funds to cover the cost of my trip which is $3,800. I would love for friends and family to partner with me financially. This cost covers my airfare, lodging, transportation and meals during my time in Africa. I would like to ask you to consider making a donation. Take some time to think and pray about it. If you are led to help out with this need it would be greatly appreciated! Every little bit counts.
The deadline for turning in full funding for the trip is June 1st.
Please feel free to call me with any questions about my trip or the ministry that I will be doing there. Thank you for taking the time to hear more about my trip. I pray that you can be God’s hand extended to the children of South Africa!
- Carla Clements
- Shelley N
- Dustyn Banta
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more