I would like to start out by saying that my Grandparents Gary and Myrna jones have informed us that they will be matching every dollar that is donated, up to $10,000!!! You guys are so amazing and I don't know what we would do without you!!
My name is Josh Jones and my wife Hannah was diagnosed with a heart condition 4 years ago. At first the base doctors believed it was high blood pressure due to her pregnancy. When the medications were no longer working and her resting heart rate was over 120bpm they sent her to a Cardiologist in Boise. They diagnosed her with Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia. Over the course of a year her doctor put her on many different medications, and when those options failed he referred her to a new Cardiologist. Her new physician believed she had an "electrical malfunction" with her heart. More intense medications including hospital stays were needed. In September 2011 her Cardiologist told her that because medications were not slowing her heart rate, and that could potentially weaken her heart muscle she needed a procedure called an ablation. Her doctor did not feel comfortable performing the surgery herself due to the risks and Hannah's age so we were referred to Salt Lake City, UT. The process of getting Hannah to Salt Lake was a 6 month battle with tri-care, our health insurance. The fight included a letter to the insurance company from our congressman Raul Labrador. Hannah's Cardiologist was hoping she could be seen at the University of Utah, but tri-care would not allow it. After they received the letter from Congressman Labrador, they authorized Hannah to only be seen at a facility of their choice. Hannah proceeded with the ablation knowing there was only a 50% success rate. Unfortunately the ablation did not work for Hannah. A few days after surgery there was an incident that put Hannah in the hospital with potential blood clots. After a few months of being on Coumadin they reviewed the findings only to see Hannah never had blood clots. Because of being put on a blood thinner so soon after heart surgery the ablation holes were believed to be unhealed leaving her with acute angina and other possible cardiac enigma's. With this "angina" and possible fistula comes excruciating chest pain, the inability to perform daily tasks, and has forced Hannah to leave her job. She has been put through the ringer and does not have any more options here in Idaho.The tests that are needed for a definitive diagnosis and the best surgical options are all unavailable at our local medical centers. Hannah's cardiologist and primary doctor decided the Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, AZ would be Hannah's best option. They quickly sent in a referral to tri-care only to be denied within the hour. They had a conference with the tri-care Medical Director and he has refused to send Hannah to Phoenix.The Mayo Clinic has already contacted Hannah to let her know they have approved her case and will keep it open for the next 6 months, but suggest in her condition to come to Phoenix as soon as we can. They also stated to keep open ended travel arrangements, they do not know how long Hannah will be staying at the facility, but they do know she will not be leaving until she is 100%. We are starting this fundraiser because Hannah's doctor has made it very clear that she needs to get there as soon as possible. I love Hannah very much as a wife and as mother. The thought of losing her is a lot for us to handle. Carter and I would be lost without her. Any and all help is very much appreciated!!
DonationsSee top donations
- Keesha Roberts
- Angela & Gary Baldwin
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more