In 2009 my wife Rosie had a heart attack at the young age of 42, just a year after we got married, not due to heart desease but the neurovirus which caused her Potassium to fall to a dangerously low level, heart arrhythmia, and the eventual heart attack.
Rosie suffered brain damage due to oxygen starvation and, since 2009, has been locked in, unable to reliably communicate, although she knows who we are and what we are talking about, fully aware, just can't break out!
Where we are now!
Rosie has made and is making significant progress and now is the time to give that progress a major boost and secure her future going forward.
It is now time to move things up a gear!
Yes, now is the time, with your help, to move up a gear and the first of the treatments we plan is Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO) treatment. We tried this in 2016 for about 2 months, just once a week and the difference was remarkable, the professional ambulance drivers told me, without any prompting, that 'she is not the same lady we first took to the Oxygen Chamber' the change was substantial and it is important that the comment came from professionals, not from me as I can be accused of seeing what I want to see!
But alas in July of that year the funding for the transport was stopped.
To get the full benefit from Hyperbaric oxygen treatment Rosie would need to go for 6 weeks, 5 days a week, to achieve full saturation and then probably twice a week for the rest of her life but as the benefits were visible on just once a week then we have a very important thing, hope!
Some of the benefits of Hyperbaric oxygen
1) Stimulates new blood vessel growth and increase blood flow
2) Elevates the body’s natural immune defenses to fight infection and bacteria
3) Reduces swelling that may occur around damaged areas
4) Speeds up healing by increasing tissue oxygen levels to areas in the body where they are reduced due to injury or illness
5) Promotes new nerve growth in the brain
Those are the actual benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and are in themselves a massive benefit, but what they may lead to is the bonus!
The plan is that my wife's progress will be part of a research program documented by professionals (Doctors, Nurses, Physiotherapists, and Senior Carers) so that the results will be available and a benefit to other patients!
So, what will the money be used for?
1) To buy a vehicle to transport Rosie to the Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber in her wheelchair and give the family the ability to take on outings to familiar places which is essential for stimulation.
2) To pay for the oxygen treatment
3) To pay for additional intensive physiotherapy if required
4) To provide a small safety net to cope with any funding problems in the future
I will keep everyone who takes part informed with a full, ongoing update as too her progress including photos and video.
How can you HELP?
1) Help us get this project moving by DONATING, nothing is too small or large but time is important!
2) Pass on any experiences, successes or failures you have had, maybe what we are doing could benefit your loved one!
3) Please share this amongst all your friends on , contact lists, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and the many other Social Media outlets you may use.
Your help will be much appreciated, and I look forward to our continued dialogue.
DonationsSee top donations
- Dionne Fryer
- Roshen Kaye
- John Page
- Vivienne Bihet
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more