Help Save Roxie’s Life

I received my best furry friend at the age of 23 and I recently turned 37. I refused to celebrate my birthday until Roxie returns home.  She has been by my side through out my journey in life. She is the best Frenchie in the world and has never given up on me. Thus I couldn’t give up on her.  The amount of unconditional love she provides me and those who know her is unbelievable. Life would not be complete without her.  I recently took her into the @VCA Emergency hospital for some concerns I had with her breathing.  It has now been 10 +days of her in the ICU. My family and I have gone through a roller coaster of a ride with her but know she has the will to live.  Initial diagnosis was pulmonary hypertension, right sided heart failure, and possibly lung cancer.  She was placed in a oxygen crate. This was all news to me because I have always placed her care first.  I could not euthanize her if I didn’t have all the information. I continued with her care. Her respiratory issues continued and was placed with the choice to intubate or stop care. I have never cried so endlessly as I have these past few days. I moved forward to intubate. During this time she had imaging completed. Her CT Chest and Abdomen were negative, there was no lung cancer nodule to be seen.  Her repeat ECHO were also better and no pulmonary hypertension or Right Sided heart failure could be seen.  New diagnosis was pneumonia. The vets attempted to wean her off but she failed twice, the choice to have elongated palate surgery was done.  She once again was weaned off the ventilator, this time she did well during the day. Her C02 was increasing to unsafe levels and there wasn’t much the Vet could do. My family and I once again prayed and asked for positive vibes only because that was all we could do.  Her amazing little body self regulated and her morning ABG was normal. This was a horrible night.  She continued to do well during the day and we even discussed possible discharge within 3 days.  The roller coaster continued, she began having difficulty breathing and she was noted to have an upper respiratory obstruction, she had swelling possibly from her surgery.  Her pneumonia was still active and mild pulmonary hypertension was seen on a new ECHO. I saw my Frenchies eyes and could not stop care. She went into surgery to place a temporary tracheotomy. She was placed on a respirator once again.  Today, she is still on the respirator with her temporary tracheotomy but is doing well, all her lab values are normal, her pneumonia is getting better, and the plan is to wean off the respirator, and begin the process to get her home soon enough.  During this process, the vet bills are now over $30,000 on my credit cards and that of family members as we continue to fight for my baby.  Roxie is priceless. I continue to try to focus on her care, and care only.  She is still fighting and I will continue to fight for her too. Her will to live and get home has surprised all her Vets and Vet techs.  She has such a beautiful soul and I can’t wait to bring her home.   For those that know me directly, you know I have always been self sufficient. But I think I have found my weakness and that is Roxie. 


 See top
  • valeria muñiz  
    • $15 
    • 24 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $10 
    • 25 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 25 d
  • Anonymous 
    • $13 
    • 25 d
  • Anthony Bribiesca  
    • $200 
    • 25 d
See all


Monika Jauregui 
Los Angeles, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more