So early this morning we had a fire at the Gladius Ranch. NO HORSES WERE INVOLVED! For that we are extremely grateful. This fire happened in the house. Around 5 am , Erik woke up to the smell of smoke and when he opened the door, a huge amount of black smoke came billowing in to their bedroom. He and Lisa couldn't see anything and managed to get out with Sheeba (who was the only animal inside).
They were able to get the fire out and the fire department came and assisted to make sure it was completely finished. This was pretty scary and we are so thankful everyone made it out safely. The fire fighters said they could have easily died with the amount of smoke inside from the fire.
This is a rental property and the homeowner doesn't have insurance. Basically everything in the house is covered in black soot and will have to be pulled out and replaced. The wall will also have to be replaced where the fire fighters cut into it. We don't know what the final cost will be on anything but we wanted to start trying to fix it ASAP since they can't live in the house in this condition. We are working really hard to get Gladius on the road March 11th , so all of our money is going into that, so we decided to ask for help from anyone who has the means to give. Any amount is appreciated, or even a Facebook share (or coming by to help us pull up carpet ;-)) Thank you our friends and supporters, we are lucky to have so many of you in our lives.
(Happy they got out!)
- Jamie Crawford
- Berit Aasander
- Andrea Selch
- Erin Cain-Helfrich
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more