SSGT ERGIN V. OSMAN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
SSGT Ergin V Osman lost his life suddenly over memorial day weekend due to an IED explosion 05-26-11 while serving our county in Afghanistan. He left behind two amazing children, a wife, a sister and both of his parents. His mother Sara Osman along with the help of many close friends and family of Ergin have successfully set up a college scholarship fund with the University of Michigan to help aid college tuition to the children and family members of soldiers who got injured or lost their lives while serving in our military. The fund only needs an additional $26k to make it active.Fund Criteria
* A disabled U.S. military veteran whose injuries
were sustained as a result of hostile action while
serving the U.S. OR the child or spouse or committed partner of such a person.
* Scholarships will be awarded to residents of the State of Michigan attending the University of Michigan.
* The gift agreement states that: this scholarship may be awarded to students entering their Junior year or higher with a gpa of 3.0 or higher.
* Scholarship award amount to be determined on an annual basis.
* Sons of Ergin V. Osman, Aidan M. Osman and Zeren A. Osman along with the Executive Board will present the award certificates on an annual basis.
If making an online gift through the U-M website:www.giving.umich.edu/give/ofa-osman