The majority of Australians want a government that will mobilise all of society to tackle this crisis. But our government isn’t listening to the people, so we need to organise and mobilise like never before to transform our politics. And point it towards climate justice.
We need action which puts the wellbeing of people and our planet first, and action which honours First Nations people who have been caring for this land for over 60,000 years. We urgently need governments who are committed to:
1. No new coal, oil and gas, including Adani’s mine
2. 100% renewable energy generation and exports by 2030
3. Funding for a just transition and jobs for fossil fuel workers and their communities.
By taking time off school and work together, we’ll show our politicians that people everywhere want climate justice and we’re not going away until we get it. We’ll strike in solidarity for everyone who’s already being hurt by the climate crisis and everyone who will be impacted if we don’t act now.
The world won’t wait, so neither will we. Let’s strike for climate justice together!
School Strike 4 Climate is 100% student-led and growing by the day with organisers in over 130 cities and towns across Australia. We are a decentralised grassroots network so we rely on contributions from the community to super-size our actions and impact.
We are partnering with the AYCC to fundraise for our work - when you donate to us, your contribution will go to:
• Promoting our strikes: Printing posters and flyers, paying for online ads and bulk text messages to spread the word about our events
• Strike logistics: Gear (e.g. stage hire, sound etc) for strikes in the major cities.
• Materials: Buying paints and banners for us to decorate and show proudly at the strike
• Post-strike momentum: Logistics and promotion for post-strike Town Hall events and actions which will channel the momentum generated by our strikes into sustained local action that builds momentum for climate solutions.
All money raised through our crowdfunder will go directly to our work and be split as follows:
• 50%: will be evenly split between local strike group activities (of which there are 60 across Australia) for their local organising and/or national actions
• 50%: will go towards larger nationally coordinated activities.
 All donations made to us are tax-deductible thanks to our mates at the Australian Youth Climate Coalition, Australia’s largest youth-led organisation.
 Please note: 3% of the funds raised from this crowdfunder will need to be deducted by AYCC to cover the administration costs of managing the funds.
 Disclaimer: No foreign donations will be accepted.
For more information: https://www.schoolstrike4climate.com/
- G King
- Barnaby Ellis
- William Pitchers
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more