Caleb is an 18 year old Para Table Tennis Player who was diagnosed with cerebral palsy at birth and despite being completely wheelchair bound he was able to work his way onto the Senior Australian Para Table Tennis Team at the age of 17.
He is both a dedicated and ambitious Table Tennis player and year 12 student, through all of this he has worked through every adversary and he has managed to win himself a spot in the 2018 ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) Individual Para World Championship in Solvenia later this year in October.
Caleb is already an accomplished athlete having won Gold in the 2017 ITTF Oceania Para Regional Table Tennis Championship in Fiji and representing Australia in numerous International competitions in Thailand, Korea and Fiji and is Currently training towards the World Championships and other international competitions this year.
To travel to all these events, Caleb needs to be accompanied by a full-time carer. The costs for both Caleb and his carer are quite prohibitive and may result in him not being able to fulfil all of his goals if he cannot find the funding support.
The estimated cost for these trips over the coming 12 months will total around $25,000. These costs will need to be mainly borne by his family as which is a great challenge for them without some much needed funding support.
Some of Calebs Achievements include;
National Para Table Tennis Championships in Canberra, Australia
- Gold Medal Mens Singles Wheelchair class 4
- Silver medal Under 23's Singles Wheelchair class 1-4
- Silver medal Mixed Doubles Wheelchair class 4
- Silver medal Mens Doubles Wheelchair class 4
- Bronze medalMen's Team wheelchair class 3-5
Qualified for the ITTF World Para Table Tennis Championships in 2018 in Solvenia
ITTF Oceania Para Regional Table Tennis Championships in Fiji
- Gold Medal Mens Singles wheelchair class 4/5
- Gold Medal Mens Team Wheelchair class 4/5
National Para Table Tennis Championships 'National Junior Encouragement Award'
National Para Table Tennis Championships in Victoria, Australia
- Silver medal Under 23's Singles Wheelchair class 4/5
- Bronze medal mixed Doubles wheelchair class 4/5
- Bronze medal Men's Singles wheelchair class 4/5
Brighton Table Tennis Award
- Most Outstanding A.W.D Player
- Smash Hit Summer Competition Div. 1 "Sportsman Award"
DonationsSee top donations
- Kath Walker
- Patricia Watson
- Darren Mounkley
- Denise Lanyon
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more