The Yikake Youth Association Complex is fundamental to effective education in the New Ningo Traditional area. We need you to support the community in finalising the build which has been in progress since 2013.
We are asking for your support for materials and labour costs to complete the building which has a makeshift roof, partial electrical wiring, no windows or doors, toilets or plumbing. The grounds are in need of landscaping and security quarters also need to be built as well as an outside play area for children. Parts of the basic shell of the building is used by the community but it could do so much more with your help!
The essence of the Youth and Community complex is expressed in fivefold objectives once the building is completed:
* Inculcating reading and researching habits into our children and youth, enhancing pupils and students academic performance in school
* Provide an alternative place for children and youth to spend leisure time after school and vacation period
* Provide training in Information Communication Technology(ICT)
* Enhance fellowship and community development through a range of inter-generational community activities
* Provide meeting and rehearsal space for community groups whilst housing the local post office within the building.