On the evening of January 6th, 2015, Olympian Bruce MacDonald was rescued from a smoldering house fire in his Port Washington home. The house is currently uninhabitable due to smoke and water damage. Bruce sustained smoke inhalation injuries and was taken to St. Francis Hospital.
Bruce is a three-time Olympic athlete, as well as a two-time Olympic Manager/Coach, and two-time Olympic Official. He has coached thousands of athletes, from beginning youth and high schoolers all the way to the Olympic level for over 50 years. He's been there for all of us as a coach, track & field official and friend; now it's time to step up for Coach Mac.