A remarkable story of a disciplined person that has true passion for motorcycle racing. It all began in early 2014 on a thought of owning a racing bike. Samuel Trepanier has been asked "when did you decide this was the moment to do competitive motorcycle racing? His answer truly shows he was hooked at age 6 looking at a superbike race. One would never imagine someone so young having the confidence to later achieve what he has in one year in superbike racing. Samuel Trepanier has only done a total of 8 track days ever before he hit the CSBK and attended his first race in June 2015. After a season full of surprises and new challenges, he's now the Canadian National Champion Runner up in amateur superbike.
This summer, he will be racing in the PRO class of the Canadian National Superbike Championship. The budget in the pro class can play an important role in the year point standing. Your personal support will make a real difference for Samuel and you can be sure every single penny will be well invest in the pursuit of victories.
We do understand everyone has there own budget, so if you cannot afford a financial donation, sharing this funding campaign will be greatly appreciated.
Here is a few very interesting facts on its last and first race season:
- June 12-14 Calabogie, race direction caused some unfortunate circumstances to happened and Samuel lost the front at 130 km/h du to cold tires. He had to rebuilt his confidence as well as another race bike to continue the season. It was a great decision as you will read below.
- June 26-28 St-Eustache, after days of lack of sleep since Calabogie, Samuel made the Podium in 3rd position for first time ever in rain condition. He did the 4th best lap time on that weekend including all pro riders.
- July 10-12 Edmonton, he made his first pole position in qualifying and won his first race. He crossed the checkered flag 5.4 seconds before the 2nd rider Derrick Whyte, establishing a new track record in the amateur class with a lap of 1:21.088. On Sunday race: Podium in 1st position again, winning both round 3 and 4 at Edmonton Castrol Raceway.
- July 31 - August 2 Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia. Podium in 2nd position, battling very hard with the fast locals on a scary bumpy track.
- August 14-16 Bowmanville, Ontario was a true test of will and speed for Samuel. Saturday race: Podium in 2nd position after a real effort bouncing back and forth with the local Derryck Whyte. The chassis setup was not quite right for the track, although he managed to do the best lap time in amateur class with 1:25.8.
Sunday race: A better chassis setting allows him to strongly take the first place after the 2nd turn of the first lap, although Samuel had a mechanical issue when he was strongly leading, loosing this particular race as well as the #1 title at the same time.
Samuel's 2016 race season is sure to capture the attention of all watching this new talented racer perform at his best on his BMW S1000RR. We do appreciate your support and we hope to meet you in person this season, stay tuned on Samuel's facebook page here to follow us : https://www.facebook.com/samuel.trepanier.actor/
Blysk Racing Team
2015 funding campaign
At the age of 8 years old I had totally upholstered my bedroom wall with superbike racing posters and other pictures, Oh yeah !... By then I already had a strong passion for fast engines on two wheels!
Suddenly last spring I realized I needed to enjoy life a bit more instead of working all the time. Even if I had fulfilled my superbike’s dream with motocross riding awhile back, I was still feeling an intense need for speed and a adrenaline rush. So I decided to buy a BMW Superbike!
Now we are almost there, my team Blysk Racing and I are on the eve of the first race in June. We are looking to finalized the budget for 2015 and getting ready for the 2016 season. Your contribution would be more than welcome to help us!
From the 1$ to the hundreds, any donation will be more than appreciated! Feel free to share our fund raising upon your socials feeds!
Thanks for your support, and welcome to the team!
Racer at Blysk Racing
- Autor Griethe
- Lukas Matousek
- Julia Hurle