I'm Thomas also known as the MakerViking and 3DPrintViking on Youtube and Social Media.
The 3D Printer I'm designing, which I'm calling Ymir (From Norse mythology, since I am a Viking) will have at least a 600mmx600mmx600mm build area and will be able to print huge prints (about 2 to 3 times larger than most 3D printers).
Other specs.: (Might change)
* CrossXY movement system
* MGN12 rails for both XY and Z (6 in total)
*9mm belts and pulleys
* Slice Engineering Mosquito Magnum
* Orbiter 2.0
* Mellow CDY V3 board
* 7" Screen
* TH3D EZABL Pro probe
* Frame will be 2040 extrusions (I'm considering going to 4040 in the corners to make it even more rigid)
* Side panels, front and back panels to make it look better and be even sturdier
* Fast and accurate probing of the bed
* 3 point automatic leveling of the bed.
I hope to be able to include these:
* Infinity Mirror with Neopixels
* Acrylic top
* More details will be added
I've got several other features in mind as well, as a heated chamber, Infinity mirror, Top to enclose it up, and many more.
However, it doesn't look like I'll be able to fit it in the current budget, but I'll add everything I can if the donations go over budget.
I'll share the design, printable parts, and Bill of Materials (BOM) freely, so everyone who wants to can build this printer.
The funds will be used to purchase the necessary parts so I can move forward and complete this project.
I will share progress and the build + prints on Youtube and Social Media and create educational content for my followers to enjoy and learn from. This is going to be fun!
I'll be extremely grateful for all the help I can get, and I will credit everyone that helps out in the videos, in the BOM, and other Ymir related content, etc.
Thank you, everyone,
Thomas aka MakerViking
I'll keep you updated here on gofundme as well.