The last 14 years I have concentrated on my beading - making items, designing new things and selling my patterns and teaching. The teaching and designing are really where my heart lies.
I want to open a bead store in my hometown of Bethlehem for a few reasons.
1. I have always wanted to own my shop and this finally feels like the perfect fit.
2. I can teach people how to do what I do and keep this art form alive by reaching younger generations
3. I have friends in this industry who want to teach people to do what they do
4. We have no beadstores in this area - the closest one is about an hour away if there is no traffic (and there is always traffic)
5. I have outgrown my studio in my house and need a place to sell off some of what I have
Right now I have invested some money into inventory, a website and 2 trade shows. The money I raise from this campaign will go to increase the inventory for the shows, a few things I need for display purposes and for some advertising and packaging supplies.
Hopefully. the sales from the 2 trade shows (Beadfest Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley Fiber Festival ) will provide me with the money needed to start looking at physical storefronts and propel me to the next level.
Thank you for any way you can help - either financially or by spreading my story by sharing it on Facebook, Twitter and other social media.