The last 14 years I have concentrated on my beading - making items, designing new things and selling my patterns and teaching. The teaching and designing are really where my heart lies.
I want to open a bead store in my hometown of Bethlehem for a few reasons.
1. I have always wanted to own my shop and this finally feels like the perfect fit.
2. I can teach people how to do what I do and keep this art form alive by reaching younger generations
3. I have friends in this industry who want to teach people to do what they do
4. We have no beadstores in this area - the closest one is about an hour away if there is no traffic (and there is always traffic)
5. I have outgrown my studio in my house and need a place to sell off some of what I have
Right now I have invested some money into inventory, a website and 2 trade shows. The money I raise from this campaign will go to increase the inventory for the shows, a few things I need for display purposes and for some advertising and packaging supplies.
Hopefully. the sales from the 2 trade shows (Beadfest Philadelphia and Lehigh Valley Fiber Festival ) will provide me with the money needed to start looking at physical storefronts and propel me to the next level.
Thank you for any way you can help - either financially or by spreading my story by sharing it on Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
- Holly Leifer
- Janet Binsau
- MaryAnn Kozo
- Katrina Hendrix
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more