It's time to make a physical temple for Aphrodite's worship in the United States. The temples of old (scattered throughout the Mediterranean) are lovely ruins, but the world needs working temples -- places where devotees can interact with the Gods and Goddesses, ceremonies and celebrations can be hosted, and instruction in the Mysteries can happen.
This crowdfunding project will help the Temple of Aphrodite to:
* build a 3-season temple structure suitable for personal and public celebration
* buy or commission an icon (statue) of Aphrodite for use in the Temple
* decorate and equip the Temple with furnishings, fixtures, and basic supplies
* design and create a surrounding garden for outdoor celebration and meditation
* build and equip a workshop/teaching space
The Temple will be located on the grounds of Midian, an event and festival space in Springville, Indiana
-- south of Bloomington.
We would like to extend these Expressions of Grace for your contributions to this project:
$10 -- Your name added to Laurelei's prayer shrine
$20 -- PDF copy of Crown of Violets
$50 -- PDF copy of Aphrodite's Priestess
$100 -- Signed paperback copies of Aphrodite's Priestess and Cult of Aphrodite
$250 -- Previous rewards, PLUS a cowrie shell reading by Laurelei
$1000 -- All four of Laurelei's books (signed) PLUS your inscription on the Wall of Benefactors
$5000 -- All previous rewards PLUS an alcove shrine established in your honor within the temple
Since 2002, Laurelei Black
has been a consecrated Priestess of Aphrodite, and her work has included writing books, leading ceremonies and festivals, teaching classes, and tending to a small woodland shrine of the Goddess of Love and Beauty.