My dear friend Alice Bandy was recently diagnosed with stage four breast cancer. The cancer has spread to her bones and in October she had a series of radiation treatments and surgeries to keep the cancer from progressing in her body. She is also receiving very strong hormone and chemo therapies that are built for her specific type of cancer. If anyone has a shot to beat this, she does!
Alice’s cancer has incapacitated her and she is working to regain her ability to walk. She requires constant care and has been under round-the-clock care since October. Needless to say, the cost of her care is very high. As most of you know, Alice’s income comes from working with students, clients and organizations. She is unable to do so at this time.
Please consider making a donation to help with Alice’s care through this challenging but important time in her battle.
Alice is an amazing light in our world and has done much for many of us. If you’ve met Alice, she has probably worked to help you drive for a better life. She has a huge, giving heart and has devoted her life to serving others.
Again, please help Alice with a donation and help spread the word.
Additional information requested by GoFundMe:
My name is Angie Swartz and I am a Leadership coach and Spiritual Teacher. I am a friend and student of Alice Bandy. I am from San Diego, Ca.
The funds raised will be used to pay for Alice's 24 hour care and medical expenses.
The money raised in this campaign is transfered directly to Alice Bandy's bank account once an administrative fee is charged by gofundme. None goes to me.
An Update from Alice Bandy Directly - 2/18/2018
Five things I’ve learned from 10 months of serious illness
1. Kindness is universal. I have received help and assistance all over the world from people of every size, race and persuasion in airports, train stations, restaurants, shops and across the miles. I’m so grateful for the basic kindness of the human nature.
2. Patience is a learned quality. No matter how patient you believe you are, you don’t know what it is to be patient until you literally depend on everyone to do everything for you because you can no longer do it yourself.
3. When they say use it or lose it, they aren’t kidding. Little did I know that my long years of writing books and classes, being on the phone and computer were so sedentary that it put me in a position of not having the muscle strength I needed for a speedy recovery. Please take a walk today for me.
4. Astonishing people do astonishing work for small amounts of money. My trainers and nurses are highly educated, loving individuals who devote their time to just being of assistance to those that need them rather than making a fortune out in the marketplace. Every day I am grateful for these people.
5. Having spent a lifetime of giving, I am learning receiving. I spend many long afternoons dreaming of the days ahead when I can finally get out of bed and walk this beautiful earth again. Thank you to all of you who are supporting me now to reinvent this next chapter of my life.
With love and gratitude,
- Dorothy Darling
- Stephanie & Jonathan Fields
- Rickie Byars
- Beth Riedler
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more