Artists, arts professionals, students and researchers from around the world will be invited to dialogue with Cuban art historians, critics, curators and artists, visit artists studios and independent art galleries. Participants will also have access to Aglutinador's extensive archives. One of our key goals is to digitize those archives to make them available to researchers everywhere!
Here is a brief overview of our project and our goals:
For over twenty years, Aglutinador has hosted exhibitions, screenings and performances featuring artists who have been censored, imprisoned, forgotten or denied access to mainstream institutions because they are autodidacts.
We have created this campaign to raise funds for multi-media equipment, upgrading our communications systems, digitizing archives and producing translations. Aglutinador needs to be bigger and better to get this project up and running!
Here is a longer video that tells the story of Aglutinador:
Why Support Aglutinador? Aglutinador is Cuba's longest running independent art gallery. Keeping it open and active for more than 24 years is an extraordinary feat in a country where the state maintains a monopoly on cultural management. Dozens of Cuban artists residing on the island as well as in exile, have presented work there. Young Cuban artists who want to test out challenging projects as well as older Cuban artists who have encountered censorship and institutional indifference have sought out the gallery to create memorable exhibits. Internationally known Cuba artists such as Tania Bruguera and Carlos Garaicoa have shown their work there. Aglutinador has also hosted exhibitions by international artists such as Santiago Sierra, William Cordova and Leslie Hewitt. Fusco and Ceballos want to offer Aglutinador's history as an educational resource to the world.
Please help us share Aglutinador with Cuban art lovers everywhere!
Sandra Ceballos and Coco Fusco
We are fundraising til the end of 2017 so we can invest our earnings and be ready to launch our workshops in 2018.
We have some great gifts for our donors:
1. Pledge $25 or more and receive a Thank You e-card
2. Pledge $50 or more and receive a personal Thank You letter with a poster from one of Aglutinador's exhibitions.
3. Pledge $200 or more and receive a T-shirt designed by Sandra Ceballos. These satirical shirts document her visits to Cuban landmarks and museums.
4. Pledge $500 or more and receive a copy of Coco Fusco's book Dangerous Moves: Performance and Politics in Cuba , about the history of radical performance on the island. Packed with color illustrations, the book is the first comprehensive study of this art form on the island.
5. Pledge $2000 or more and Coco Fusco will present an original lecture on Cuban art for your public or private event.
6. Pledge $5,000 or more and Sandra will send you one of her unique collages that evoke the history of events at Aglutinador.
Although Sandra can run her gallery out of her home, she is not permitted to engage in financial transactions as an art dealer in Cuba. The only way for us to make our dream project a reality is to solicit donations from supporters and lovers of Cuban art. That's why we are reaching out to you for support.
Check out Aglutinador's website: https://www.espacioaglutinador.com/
Thanks for your interest! Please join us!
DonationsSee top donations
- Jacqui Wigg
- miya masaoka
- Manjari Sihare-Sutin
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more