Ms. Jackson had just finished cooking breakfast for her children when an explosion engulfed her entire lower body, bringing her to the floor as her kitchen went up in flames. Ms. Jackson screamed for her 9-year-old daughter Charmin and when her daughter saw her mother on fire, she immediately used a blanket to help smolder out the flames consuming her mom. While Ms. Jackson was badly burned and could not move, Charmin ran to save her baby brother and 4-year-old sister.
This brave little girl brought her brother out of their quickly burning home, laid him in the grass and went back into danger to save her little sister as well. Charmin grabbed her sister and ran passed their toys burning up in flames, to bring her to safety and did not stop there.
Charmin went yet another time into her home that was now so fully engulfed, it was almost impossible for little Charmin to even see where she was going. Thick smoke burned her throat as the heat of the flames singed her skin while she shouted for her mom.
Ms. Jackson was severely injured with third-degree burns and could not move so she pleaded with her daughter to save herself and leave her mom behind as the flames and smoke thickened around them. This loving daughter would not hear of it, declaring: “When there is a fire, you get out mommy.”
It is nothing short of a miracle this close family made it out of the inferno alive that morning as Ms. Jackson now remains hospitalized burned completely from her waist down and has no memory of how she got out.
Although this family is thankful they survived, they have lost the only home they ever knew to the fire along with every single thing they owned.
After countless skin graphing surgeries dialysis three days a week, the mother continues to fight for her life. Every-breath Ms. Jackson takes is with excruciating pain day and night. She is bedridden and cannot feed herself. Not to mention the heartache she feels by being separated from her children as visiting just once, proved too traumatic for the girls.
While their mother continues to go through so much in the hospital alone, Grandma, fighting physical limitations and physical pain herself now faces trying to keep all three children together with her, on an income for one.
This campaign has been started by people who were strangers to the Jacksons a week ago but they were so moved by a brave little girl that risked her own life, was burned by fire, inhaled smoke, and faced near death three times so that her family could remain alive and together, they knew that they needed to do something to help this family in desperate need.
No donation is too small to go towards this lofty goal of keeping this family together, while meeting all their serious medical needs, keeping a roof over their head, food on the table, clothes on their back, shoes on their feet and the means to keep the girls traveling back and forth to school daily, now that they were forced to move over twenty miles away.
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sacrificing for this family at such a difficult time for them!
Please keep them in your prayers and God Bless You!!!
DonationsSee top donations
- Andrew Miller
- Joanna Stasiak
- Ray Stadt
- David Vales
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more