By donating to this campaign, you can help our vision come true!
All Funds raised in this campaign will go directly to the Second Chance Animal Shelter at Alpena County Animal Facility.
Our Mission is to provide compassionate care to domestic animals in need. Through community partnerships we will help prevent the overpopulation of animals in our area with extensive spay and neuter programs as well as education on responsible pet ownership
▪Reduce the number of unwanted animals through aggressive spay/neuter programs.
▪Provide for the well-being of domestic animals in need, while making every effort to find each a lifelong, loving home.
▪Offer affordable wellness services and resources to pets and owners.
▪Promote the animal-human bond through outreach, education, and therapeutic programming
▪And, act as an advocate on behalf of animals in need of crisis.
1.Are you competing with other Shelters? No, our intention is to work in conjunction with other shelters and rescues throughout Michigan to successfully place adoptable animals into responsible, loving, forever homes.
2. Where will the facility be located? Updated: We have secured a long-term lease with an option to purchase on the perfect location - the building gives us 6800 square feet to work with and building plans are already submitted to the state for Phase 1 renovations!
3. What is your fundraising goal? Our fundraising goal is $500,000 for building and first year operations.
4. Who will maintain the facility? Maintenance will be accounted for in our operating budget, and done by the staff, volunteers, the Board of Directors and community partnerships.
5. How will it be funded? Initially, we are seeking pledges for materials & services, as well as monetary pledges to get the project started. We will apply for grants when possible and rely on community donations and volunteers to start. Long term, we believe we can be self-sustaining due to the variety of services offered.
6. What type of facility will you be? Second Chance Animal Shelter at Alpena County Animal Facility will be an limited intake facility, where we will strive to help everyone we can and will not charge an owner surrender fee (donations are always appreciated when you surrender an animal). SCAS is against the euthanasia of healthy, treatable, and adoptable animals. We are hoping to provide counseling for pet owners, training opportunity, and in the long term would like to offer day and extended boarding. We also want to work together with our local veterinarians to offer shot clinics, and low cost spay and neuter. We will make every effort to find each animal in our care a lifelong, loving home. We will network with other regional shelters and rescues to create a new opportunity for animals in our our care.
Thank you for your support!
- Nancy Granke
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more