SAVE White's Woods Nature Center from Timbering
Friends of White’s Woods (FWW) needs your help to to ensure that WWNC is managed and maintained for recreation, conservation, and historical preservation – the purposes of its acquisition under Project 70 funding.
This is the third time White Township Supervisors have sought to timber WWNC (previously in 1995 and 2008) without public input. As in the past, FWW and the community are needed to intervene to ensure public participation and to protect WWNC. Since the third attempt to timber was discovered in April, 2020, FWW has used donations to:
• conduct an i-Tree analysis to determine economic value of WWNC
• hire consultants to advise on best practices for WWNC management
• distribute printed literature about WWNC, including a monthly newsletter
• hire University of Pittsburgh faculty to conduct an evaluation of invasive species
• pursue legal action demanding that the Township follow Sunshine laws and legal bidding procedures
• present educational webinars and walks in the woods, free to the public
• maintain a state of the art website, www.friendsofwhiteswoods.org
While no timbering has occurred to date, our work will not be complete until we have ensured that WWNC will be permanently protected as a natural succession forest for future generations. We seek a plan that is collectively developed by all relevant experts and invested stakeholders, including Indiana Borough and those of us who frequent its trails each day.
Friends of White's Woods, Inc., was formed in 1995; as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, all donations are tax deductible, including Section 2204 of the CARES Act, which permits eligible individuals who do not itemize deductions to deduct $300 of qualified charitable contributions as an "above-the-line" deduction, i.e., as an adjustment in determining adjusted gross income (AGI), for tax years beginning in 2020.
YOUR FINANCIAL SUPPORT IS CRITICAL.
Visit www.friendsofwhiteswoods.org for more information!
DonationsSee top donations
Friends of Whites Woods, Inc
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.