On Sunday, May 4, 2014 the Blue Heron Inn, their beloved home and B&B business, was destroyed by an electrical fire that started in the garage from a golf cart charger. Luckily, Bill and Jan's five-year-old grandson Preston smelled the smoke in time for he, his brother Jackson, Bill and guests to get out. They were upstairs cleaning rooms and if Preston hadn't made that discovery until a few minutes later--we may not have been as blessed as we are to still have them all here with us today. Thankfully most of the visitors were out and about so no one was injured. Jan and Bill are taking this time now to figure out their next move..they are in the process of re-building and hope to re-open within six months.
Not only did they lose their home, but also their source of income. The town of Darien may be small, but it is filled with many big hearts. Please help us by helping Bill and Jan: two staples of our community. Every bit counts and we appreciate your support!!
DonationsSee top donations
- Florence Wildner
- Robert & Michelle Brigman
- Bob and MJ Stamper
- Jimmy Parker
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more