As you may have heard, my brother’s house caught fire Tuesday and the whole house was lost in minutes. They all made it out safely. We are very thankful for that. However, they have lost everything.
My brother and I were watching as the whole thing happened. We were Skyping with the family because we wanted to watch my brother open his birthday present we got him. (It was a Les Paul guitar) He was so happy at that moment. He only got to enjoy it for a minute. The very next second they smell smoke. Our screen was filled with smoke and we could hear screaming and the crackling of fire. It was so horrible not knowing what was happening.
We had no way to call. (His other birthday present was a cell phone still in the box…now ashes) . My dad was able to call the fire department to find out they all made it out safe.
But as you can see by the pictures they will have to rebuild. Harold was in his last week of welding school. My niece Lily starts school next week. They had just bought all her school clothes and they were still in the bags. All ashes now.
We are hoping that if you are able to help out that we can replace their clothes and personal items that they will need. God bless Red Cross for helping out with $300 debit card. But they will need help getting into a new place and replacing everything they had: Beds, dishes, clothing, toiletries, etc. Everything has to be replaced. Identifications. Everything.
Even if you can contribute $10, every little bit will help. It is hard for us since he’s in Texas and we’re here in Cali. We want to help any way we can.
Thank you all very much
- Fernando Baños
- Deirdre Cook
- Lyle Burkhart
- Lauren Rowe
- Robert Schlottach
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more