This project is to raise £6,600 which will buy, insure, train drivers, decorate and run the bus for the coming year.
Islington Mill Arts Club is a not-for-profit organisation supporting artists based in Salford NW England. For more information on our work you can read a pdf here -
We need a bus because:-
1) We recognise that we are geographically challenged. We understand that it is easier to get a pint in the city centre and that many people are missing out on the great things that go on here at Islington Mill and the tireless work of the artists involved in each event.
2) We think having a bus would enable us to link up more with other organisations and events and make it easier for people to get to and from Islington Mill.
3) We often take Mill artists and artworks on tour, popping up in all kinds of places from Berlin to Ibiza, as well as welcoming artists from around the world to Islington Mill. With a bus we could take more people to more things in more places.
4) It could be a useful resource for other independent artist-led groups and projects to use in whatever ways they can imagine.
5) We will allow artists and sponsors to contribute to the interior and exterior of the bus making it a "˜colourful' contribution to the street life of Salford and Manchester.
For all supporters we will develop a series of trips to suggested places of interest and all supporters will be invited along on a first come first served basis.
DonationsSee top donations
- Barry & Charlotte Travis
- Allan and Jo Melzack
- Neil Smith
- Cain Pilkington
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more