Building a Music School in Africa




Rhythm and Remedy successfully launched their first Music & Arts Institute (The HeartBeat Project) at The Give1Project offices along with Speak Up Africa in Dakar, Senegal. Upon our arrival here in Senegal we immediately saw the lack of music development programs, and as music artists ourselves we were inspired to create change.

The HeartBeat Project offers training to aspiring artists in various creative fields with a focus in music, production, songwriting, recording, engineering and English Speaking Courses. West Africa has the least recording schools available for ambitious young artists who wish to express themselves through the art of music. There are limited resources, with little to no access of computers or wifi. Our Studio Workshops are held at The Give 1 Project Office every Friday. We work with a maximum of 8-10 students each semester to ensure productivity and enough time to assist each student effectively.
Only about 20% of the youth are enrolled in school, leaving the other 80% uneducated which is why we also teach English Speaking courses Monday-Thursday every week.
 We are raising funds so that each student can have their own computer station to work on individually.  At the moment we are limited to only 2 workstations for 10 students. Even in our short time of operation The HeartBeat Project is now being sought after in other countries in Africa (Morrocco, Benin, Ghana and South Africa to name a few).
As we continue to expand The HeartBeat Project in other countries we hope that you will not only support this initiative by contributing but also follow our jouney!
Rhythm and Remedy’s focus to provide encouragement and education delivered in an unconventional and innovative way, allows us to connect with all generations through the universal language of music and arts.
Our youth is the future. If music guides them to a better promising lifestyle then they should have outlets and avenues to pursue their dreams in an organized scholastic manner.

“We believe we can empower and inspire the youth to achieve their limitless potential through the promotion of education, the universal language of Music, Arts, Electronic Studio and Online Development.”

-Rhythm and Remedy, Where Hip Hop Helps
  • Rachman Blake 
    • $50 
    • 77 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 (Offline)
    • 79 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 (Offline)
    • 79 mos
  • Angela Rodriguez 
    • $15 
    • 79 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 79 mos
See all

Organizer

Rosalind Lott 
Organizer
Los Angeles, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more