As Mom was in the kitchen getting ready to prepare Easter dinner, the electrical breaker box in our house caught on fire and started melting down. Dad was able to throw some baking soda on it and put the fire out. Soon after, the power box and lines on the utility pole that runs electricity to our house exploded and caught on fire. The family had to stay in a little Motel without internet access while they were getting our wiring looked at. After many hours of work, the electriciam was able to get the "essential power" back on (Ex. They can plug in the refrigerator, freezer, water pump, and one air-conditioning unit) The Electrician that first wired our house did a very poor job. A few months ago we discovered (After being shcoked many times) that the electrician who put in our wiring had left it completely ungrounded and we could have been electrocuted at any time. He did such a poor job that even though it is now grounded, our house will be a hazard until it is almost completely rewired, which is going to cost around $4000.00 USD. The family doesn't have the money for this, and in Thailand everything has to be paid up front and in cash. No payment plans or credit cards allowed. :)
Please consider helping my family to make their home safe and livable. They are over there, serving Jesus faithfully day after day, and should be able to come home without worrying about being electrocuted or having the house burn down from an electrical fire if Mom decides to use more than one appliance.
Thanks and have a beautiful day!
DonationsSee top donations
- James Carroll & Gene Watson
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more