The gentleman is in debt for $5000. I set the goal for $6000 as he indicates he only makes $120 a month. I am sure an extra $1000 would be greatly appreciated for his home/children, etc.
Numerous people have voiced concerned this is a scam. I am not a scammer. I am just a lady in Tennessee trying to do something life changing for someone else on the other side of the world simply because I can.
Thank you for caring, Internet. <3
“Last month I had an accident that destroyed my tractor, and now my life has been ruined. I’d saved for that tractor for three years. When I finally bought it, I was so happy. Things seemed to finally be moving forward. I was working crops and making money. Now it’s destroyed, but I still owe $5000. I only make $120 a month, and most of that goes toward renting this new tractor. I’m still very injured from the accident. I should be in bed but I could take any more days off. I didn’t used to look like this. I used to care about my appearance and wear proper clothes. I used to eat proper meals. But I can’t afford any of that now. I have nothing left to sacrifice.”
As per requested by GoFundMe:
1. Who you are: Just a teacher who saw someone in need and thought "Hey, I could help."
2. Where you're from "Clarksville, TN"
3. Your relationship to the parties you're raising funds for: Zero. None. Nada. I don't believe one needs to exist in order to help another person.
4. How the funds will be spent (be specific as possible): The funds will be spent to help Abdul (name has been identified) purchase a new tractor/repair his old one, and assist in any medical care he may require as a result of his accident.
5. How you intend to get the funds to those in need: Funds will be routed through Comprehensive Disaster Response Services. They are a 501c3 in the US and well respected NGO in Pakistan. https://www.facebook.com/CDRSPK
DonationsSee top donations
- Catherine Cobb
- Musa Wasim
- Sana Hamid
- Insha Zahid
- Dexter Cutinha
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more