This summer Luke and Micah have another opportunity to go back to the Dominican Republic and once again minister to the sugar cane villages.
While in the Dominican Republic they will be in a team of 20 volunteers who will work along side missionary Johathan Autrey again. Brother Jonathan is the pastor of Iglesia Bautista Nueva Vide located in the capital -- Santo Domingo. Together our goal is to minister to the people of the sugar can villages. As Christians we feel it is our duty to reach others with the message of Christ. But if we are to address the urgent spiritual needs, how can we overlook the dire physical needs in the process? That is why our goals are as follows:
* Share the saving message of Jesus Christ.
* Disciple our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
* Conduct Vactation Bible Schools for the villages.
* Feed over 200 hungry children.
* Meet the small medical needs of the villagers (i.e. fever, toothaches, ear infection)
* Build and repair the village churches
* Encourage and help the church leaders
The spiritual and physical needs are abundant in the Dominican. We want to reach people with the saving truth of Jesus Christ while also meeting some of their physical needs.
So how can you help us go back?
1. Prayer. The most important need is your prayers leading up to our trip and while we are there. You can also pray for the hearts of the people that we will come in contact with, the hearts of the team that is going, safety while traveling and while we are there, and the God will do great things through our group for the people of the Dominican Republic.
2. Financially, In 3 John 8 believers are urged to financially support those who were going out on the behalf of the gospel because that made them " fellow workers in the truth". This trip cost is $1600 per person and covers airfare, food,lodging, ground transportation, and some supplies needed to minister in the villages. This amount is substantial, but through faith and your support we know God will provide.
If God leads you to support us financially you may pay with a debit or credit card using this website, to by check (make payable to COC Metro and put Luke and Micah Hartman-mission trip in the memo line). Mail the check to COC Metro, P.O. Box 665, Aubrey, Tx, 76227 or you can private message me and I will give you our address.
Thank you in advance for your support!
God Bless you!
Joan, Luke and Micah Hartman
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more